I know you all probably hate hearing all this crap about John Frusciante... but I really want to know exactly what kind of Marshall half-stack he is using and with what distortion pedal... I know he usually uses 3 Marshall full stacks nowadays, but in this vid he is only using one half-stack... My bet is it's just a Marshall Major head or something on a Marshall cab...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE7HbFT3yK8
Marshall Major, 2x Marshall Silver Jubilee with Marshall 1960's Stacks...
Dist is Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion for rythm and Big Muff/English Muff'N/Mossrite Fuzzrite for lead.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
karol i thought he used a ds-1 during mothers milk. unless this is a recent concert video

also im having lots of problems finding a boss ds-2

did they stop making them?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

^not afaik...

sweet vid btw

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i think there is a wah pedal thing going on in there too
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by timzee117
karol i thought he used a ds-1 during mothers milk. unless this is a recent concert video

also im having lots of problems finding a boss ds-2

did they stop making them?

During Mother's Milk He also used DS-2. I didn't watched that vid because I had no time... if it was Mother's Milk era, then John used JCM 800... but the TS said that there were 3 heads with stacks so I thought it's recent vid...
John used DS-1 only in Californication era.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
No sorry I meant I knew he has 3 stacks nowadays... I wanted to know what he is using in this vid (he is only using one Marshall half-stack)...
This is Mother's Milk era too... the song is Stone Cold Bush, if you haven't seen it...

I wanted to know this because I'm trying to decide what pedals and amps I might get next... The one in the vid is definitely not of the JCM series because it has full tolex covering, where the JCM series all have tolex and a cloth front. So I'd say it's probably a Major, but wanted to make sure... but apparently the Marshall Majors aren't being made anymore and are very rare... same with the Jubilees...

Would it be worth getting a Boss DS-2? I have a Marshall Guv'Nor Plus and a Boss DS-1, but I can't seem to get the right sound... are Boss DS-2's good? Also, what kind of Muff/Fuzz did he use in Mother's Milk?