Wow, haven't been on the Original recordings forum for ages.

Anyway, my band Seedy and the Buns has a new (well few month old) recording I figured you should check out.

Anyway, the myspace is http://www.myspace.com/seevousplay (which should be in my sig).

And the UG band profile http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/seedyandthebuns/

The song is called The Great Spectacles of Mr Wally Man Man.

Cool. Hope to hear something about it from someone. I guess I'm gonna go listen to some of other people's recordings.
Last edited by fleaflicker182 at Feb 4, 2008,
First things first; thanks for the critique on my track

Your music put a smile on my face, it has a great bounce-along feel good factor. And the addition of the random vocal exchanges/conversations that appear now and again (and right at the start) made me titter. Singing wise, the vocals felt a little bland, but it fit with the style.

I love the whistling section and the half time outro worked perfectly.

Overall, not something I'd listen to normally, but it put a smile on my face and was good fun, good job!
Quote by Mathamology
First things first; thanks for the critique on my track

Your music put a smile on my face, it has a great bounce-along feel good factor. And the addition of the random vocal exchanges/conversations that appear now and again (and right at the start) made me titter. Singing wise, the vocals felt a little bland, but it fit with the style.

I love the whistling section and the half time outro worked perfectly.

Overall, not something I'd listen to normally, but it put a smile on my face and was good fun, good job!

Cheers man.

My brother sings this track. One side he actually did without headphones at his head so he had to guess (I think he did a pretty good job).
Thank you for the crit.
Sadly, I forgot to add on my post that I can't load myspace music (stupid computer), but it loads UG music and other music sites just fine. So I won't be able to crit you.
And I really wanted to hear the song too .
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You guys sound like a really fun live band. I like the bass parts in all of your songs. As far as Mr. Wally goes im not gonna lie the into scared the bejesus out of me. Good tempo. Stronger vocals would make this more fun to sing along too. Overall though its a good time and everything seems to jive with that from intro to the sweet outro. Entertaining.
Thanks for the crit. listening to Seedy now.. it's sweet. i agree the whistling is excellent and the vocals were flat, not off key but just not melodically interesting enough maybe, but the overall vibe of the song is fun and awesome.
Idlefolk
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Lotus Telecaster copy w/ Fender pickups
Epiphone Valve Junior
Ibanez Tubescreamer, EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Digitech Metal Master, DigiDelay
Crybaby Wah
God I loved that.

You got a GOOD, original sound. You are going to be BIG. No joke.

Can I download a CD of your guy's stuff?
OK Radio Addict, I'll see what I can do, I guess. I think some of the songs are downloadable from myspace. Maybe I'll make them all downloadable then you can burn your own CD. Thanks for the praise.

Kyucide- Yeah, my brother shuns anything more than simple melodies in his singing because he thinks if he does much else then he's turning into an idol singer. He also has a really low voice so he's actually singing kinda high for him. Also, the whistling isn't all regular whistling, there's this cool whistley/flutey thing we have that's had a tail thing attached and painted to look like a snake and you can do the bit from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Cheers to everyone so far.
haha. you've got some sweet songs bro. I liked em. Like the other guy said, they brought a smile to my face. Work on the rhythm a little. It seemed like the rhythm was off sometimes, but yeah, I liked your music, especially Dizzy Dora on your myspace page. Keep rockin!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
damn u guys are REALLY Australian lol, ur music is great , very happy and jammy, good playing as well,
I actually broke into laughter in Ginger Baker's Pubes, boo bee boo bah boo bah boop beep! HAHA!!

if u dont mind me saying wally man man has a sortof jazzy folkish feel, very good, u guys play shows?
Wow...not much to crit here.....Not somethingl I would normally listen to. But it puts a smile on my face.......really reminds of the cover of the rolling stone by Dr. hook and the medicine gang me the way its sung and laid out.

btw whistling solo is awesome
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-

if u dont mind me saying wally man man has a sortof jazzy folkish feel, very good, u guys play shows?

Thanks man. Yeah, we're playing at the Swan Hotel Lounge in Fremantle on the 12th (god knows when we start, I'm still waiting on that). Obviously if you don't live in Western Australia it's gonna be very hard to get to gigs of ours.
Thanks for the critique on my song :]

I really like your music. It all has a really strong rhythmic feel to it and as said by many others, it puts a smile on my face. It sounds like you're all having a lot of fun doing what you do, and it sounds great. The songs seem fairly simple, but the musicianship was great. At times, I was laughing out loud. There's really not much negative i can say about your music. I really enjoyed it all.

Although that might be because this isn't particularly my style of music. I try to be as open-minded as possible, but I'm not always able to give an educated suggestion in a genre of music not familiar to me. The only thing i can think of is maybe better recording quality, and a good mix. My band is trying to do the same.
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Feb 5, 2008,
type as i listen

doulbe time drums, yay! no one does that anymore.

this has a good mix of punk and folk kinda stuff pretty sweet.

defenitly try and make the vocals a bit better, this is strong vocally driven song so a more dominant and powerful voice would make this much more amazing.

the guitar part was good throughout and so was the bass part, very folkish :-D

the big factor i didnt like was the fact that it seemed pretty sloppy in a few parts, i mean it fits the style, but i think it would alot better if it were tightned up as a band. i mainly saw this in the flute/whisteling part, it was a real good idea, but it seemed to be pretty random. pretty cool though!!

thanks for the crit as well :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Oh yeah, something I kinda forgot to mention. The original tracking was done in a hurry because our drummer could only be there for 30 mins and I'd only heard the song and written the bassline the night before (we were reading the song order off a scraggy bit of paper when we did it).

Basically we did 3 live takes without guitar or vox and the 3rd was the closest.

Then it was up to guitarist to do the guitars and vocals (I'd left by that point also, and didn't get back til the vox so there were like 3 guitars on the song rather than 1).
it reminds me a little bit of Kings of leon
the vocals are too low in my opinion, can't here what you're singing, just some mumbeling.
but i like the style, southern rockish/ country
That was really really neat. It made me smile to say the least. At some points it seemed a little disorganized or slightly out of time, but that can be easily ironed out with practice unless it was your intention to have it be like that. The part where there's the whistling near the end of the song needs to be...I dunno, organized, cleaner? Something...but I think that'll be one of the songs strongest and catchiest points. The vocals overall could've been more coherant. I really liked it, and it sounds like it was a lot of fun to record/play.
The Pit. The Movie.
Thanks for the crit. wow this was a very fun song. The music was very driving and pleasing. The vocals were a bit hazy, and it was difficult for me to understand the lyrics, but they sounded nice, so that's a plus. I actually really liked this track. Cheers.
I'm glad im not the only one that jumped in fear at the intro. The recording quality is outstanding. You guys are definitely original and at time have me rolling out of my chair in laughter. Keep it up guys!
Hahaha!!! Excellent sound, I love it!
liked the shouting intro, the whistling, the random hoots in the background-all very fun and energetic.
Sorry for taking so long to reply dude. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't really like this song that much. Even so, the production is very solid and the instruments were all played well. It's energetic stuff. I don't think I like the doubled vocals; they seem like the kind of vocals that would work great as one track, and don't really need to be doubled. BTW, thanks a ton for your comment on my song and for reigning me in a bit in that thread.