I have an audition at Napier University on the 10th of March for the Popular Music course. I need to play 6-7 minutes consisting of contrasting pieces. I already have one piece I'm going to play which is Giant Homer Head from the Grade 7 Rock school book. For the other 4 minutes I need to play I was thinking of having a number of pieces that last between 30 seconds to a minute each that can transpose into one another and I just need things to play in this section to show ability in various techniques. I have a "classical mixture" which I intend to play which starts with a section in Toccatta and Fugue in D minor by J.S Bach, then it goes into one of Paul Gilberts excercises, from their into Air on a G String then to Hall of the Mountain King. This lasts around 1 minute 24 seconds. I was thinking of going into the riff after the solo in Master of Puppets from here, but after that I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance.
If you can tap add the intro to hot for teacher. Maybe somekind of slow blues too.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Yeh, I was thinking of fitting in the first solo to Comfortably Numb. I'll have a look at Hot for Teacher as well.

Cheers
um, if you can nail it smoothely add a bit of autumn leaves or someother jazz standard in there, mostly to show off improvisation skill? or maybe some of hendrix's softer stuff like little wing or red house or something well known, yet easy to improvise over?