I need help finding information on ancient roman baths or if you guys know anything it would be great if I could get some links or some informative posts. I search on google and all I get is websites that some fifth graders made. All I know is that they bathed together and the government would pay for them to keep people happy. Well any help is appreciated.
I believe they used water that was transported from the shores of Southern Italy, even the bath-houses found in England ...

Not really.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Dude...Library or sum ****, i don't think many people are experts on Roman baths,,
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
In ancient Roman bath houses, alot of gay sex occurred. I'm not making that up.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well, there were really large bath houses in Rome, combined with sporting fields and stuff. They were warmed by an underground heating system, where they had slaves keeping up the fire.
Roman baths were actually the production of ancient scientologists, sent by the God Xenu. Xenu declared that only roman scientologists could create structures of the sort, and anyone who questioned this or merely wanted more information on the topic would get sued and/or killed.
Quote by Kartman

Hence the latin "Rimjobulus Maximus"
I wonder if TS is really trusting every word on this thread

But yeah, the city council upkept the baths, it really clicks with the whole "Panem et Circenses" thing Rome had going on. "Bread and circus fun" for everyone.
Quote by Kartman

they're not greek
The most reliable place to start any classically based research is in the Oxford Classical Dictionary. That's a good starting point, then you can search though their bibliography for more leads.
They used central heating to heat the water from under the floors and most bath houses could accomodate a ridiculous number of people, but according to historical paintings and references, not many were in the bath house at one time.
hue
Used central heating called the hypocaust system, one in every town, cost one quadrans to get in, cold room called fridgidarium, hot room called caldarium, everyone was naked, the one in pompeii was beside the palaestra, or sports place.

I hate classical studies...
I believe the water pipes that supplied the bathhouses were made of lead, or maybe that was the homes.
LEAD POISONING!!!

Also, they had a pretty decent method of underfloor heating. They were actually pretty decent even by modern standards, if you forgive the hygiene in the pool itself. They had saunas and everything.

Of course, each one had practically an army of slaves to keep it running. Guys underground pumping fountains and **** all day long, and suchlike.

I love the History Channel
I doubt all Google has is sites by 5th graders. Anyway: GO TO A LIBRARY.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
First result for "Roman baths" is a scholarly source, something we in college call "good."

http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/baths.html
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
First result for "Roman baths" is a scholarly source, something we in college call "good."

http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/baths.html

thanks. and thanks to everyone else. also do you think if i include the whole gay sex thing in meh speech i'll get the chair?
Quote by kitty_teh_fish
thanks. and thanks to everyone else. also do you think if i include the whole gay sex thing in meh speech i'll get the chair?

....You mean the electric chair?

Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~