Well , im 18 , my younger sister has that teenager fever or whatsoever and asked my parents to borow her a guitar . whithout any knowlege my parents bought her a 60€ classical guitar . Anyways she tryed to play it like 1 time and never touched it again.
About a week ago i was like , what tha heck , and grabed it , got an e-book and started learning some basic tunes .

Now to help part . Is there any way i can even play this guitar ? like seriously , im 18 but my hands are like a 5 year old kid , theyr really small . I´ve tryed the basic chords and stuff and no way i can play that , not even 1 single chord . I'm tryin to fing a confortable left hand position but i still can't do things like having my fingers in C and D at same time , or playing some of the basic chords .
So the question is , should i simply forget this ? Is there any way i can play with this guitar ? Can i even play ANY guitar ?

Thx in advance and nice forum
Last edited by Mixed2k at Feb 4, 2008,
It takes time dude....your hands have to adjust.
Starting off playing classical finger picking is really difficult.

Try putting some metal strings on it and picking with a regular pick (or plectrum as some books say).
Dont give up...I got a classical guitar for Christmas when I was 10...didnt play it until I was 15...I kick myself now because I could have gotten really good at it at a much younger age.
Ps: I got small stubbly hands too....check out another guitar if you want....Ibanez, Fender and Peavey all have pretty thin necks which are good if you have small hands
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
also instead of using your ring finger for power chords...try using the pinkie
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
You got smaller hands than her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgt5PAXUMNw

I didn't see her playing a whole lot chords but still. That neck is bigger than her hands so don't lose hope.

You could always switch to steel string. Takamine is a pretty good jap brand with really small necks cuz' Japs generally have smaller hands. I played several of them before and they're really easy to play. Sounds good too. My pinky can cover all the strings easy.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Heck , ok thx for the vid , well now i know it is POSSIBLE . Anyways i believe ill take a bunch of time to eventually learn anything . Oh well .