Hello all

I'm just new on this forums (I'm Dutch, so please don't mind my bad English) and I bought a Bass Guitar. I also want to take some lessons, but not yet Could anyone give me some good songs or links to start with? I prefer rock songs, because you can hear the bass guitar very well in that kinda songs. When I'm a little better, I would like to play some metal numbers too.

Thanks
Rivirland
Try Boy's Don't Cry by The Cure, and maybe Perfect Situation by Weezer. Both easy basslines, but they sound good.
Look up "The Lemon Song" by Led Zeppelin. A very bluesy number. You may have to work up to it though.
I asked easy songs
Well, you may think that is easy, but I'm such a novice even that is hard for me! But still thanks!

Rivirland
Quote by Rivirland
http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/w/weezer/perfect_situation_btab.htm
Hmm, that looks possible to do

I can't find Try Boy's Don't Cry, and I alsy can't find the band 'The Cure'. I can find 'Cure' though.

Thanks
Rivirland

Edit: What does the '~' mean?

Boys Don't Cry Cure is the same as The Cure, UG just removes the "The" part in the searches =P

And when there's a ~, it just means to hold the note and let it ring out, as opposed to stopping the sound.
Ah thanks I still don't get the ~, but I'll find out Wait, does it mean that you don't stop it? That you can hear it until the string stopped moving?

Thanks
Quote by Rivirland
Ah thanks I still don't get the ~, but I'll find out Wait, does it mean that you don't stop it? That you can hear it until the string stopped moving?

Thanks

Yes, I think so, but I could be wrong.

And you're quite welcome =)
Last edited by Covet at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by Rivirland

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the ~ means 'Vibrato.' Here's a lesson on UG about it: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/vibrato_techniques_for_beginners.html
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
The Bass Forum FAQ at the top of the page is an essential read for you. It has everything - including techniques, and links to songs. Also, check the "songs I need to learn" thread.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..