Buy them and try them.

I've used Dean Markley's on my 12 strings with good results.
dean markley's are pretty good from my experience.

the gauge is a matter of personal choice...but i normally would get .11s.
Last edited by dead hate at Feb 4, 2008,
I personally dont like them, but as Bill43 said, try them and decide for yourself.
i thought they were alright. weren't my favourite though. but that's very much personal taste.
Personal preference. I think they sound thin and break easily, myself.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I have never liked Dean Markley's personally due to their tone and the amount of wear they can't take...

I've tried alot of the different string brands and sizes over the years....but I've settled down on Martin Strings...12's...very nice...sound great...and get nice and warm as they are worn in.
I had a set of dean markley alchemy's... wayyy wayyy wayyy too bright, for about a month. These probably won't be like that though.
Yep, Martin SP 12's are the ones I tend to use all the time. I haven't found anything that sounds better, lasts longer, or feel better to me.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I like martins and D'Addarios for my steel string.
The latter have there own sound, though. More sparkley that the martins.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I actually didnt like the D'addario EXPs i had on mine. they weren't to my liking and wore rather fast. the volume died too.

Im currently using Martin Custom Light SP Phorphor Bronze. i rather like them. the tone is quite balanced.

As for the Dean Markley Alchemy, they looked weird and sounded unique. i think they were one of the better strings i've tried. i found that Elixir phosphor bronze were MUCH brighter than the alchemys.