So I was looking at musicansfriend still trying to decide what rig I want to get and I stumbled upon these

Fender Bassman 250 HD 120V Bass Amplifier Head
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-250-HD-120V-Bass-Amplifier-Head?sku=481657

Fender Bassman 410 4X10 Bass Cabinet (8 Ohm)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-410-4X10-Bass-Cabinet?sku=600587

opinions?
It would make a nice stack, although I'd highly recommend that you step up to a higher-level Fender head if your budget allows it. Getting 250 watts out of a full stack seems pointless to me. You would only get about 150 with one 8 ohm cab. The cab is a great choice though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I used to own a Bassman 250 combo. First of all, you need a 4 ohm cab to get the full 250W. By virtue of that fact alone it's not worth getting in a setup like that.

The combos are really good, compact, and have manageable weight, considering plywood and American made ceramic speakers.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The ohm thing confuses me.

So what would be a good "budget" head to go with that cab?
Why that cab? The head is great, and not many at that price level will put out much power at 8 ohms. Why not just get the Bassman 250 combo, or a 4-ohm cab?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Because its fairly cheap and haven't seen any 4 ohm cabs?, and I dont want another combo
Well, for the Bassman's case, the combo is just that exact same head built into a speaker cabinet. It's not really about whether or not it's a 'combo', but it's power and features - that Bassman combo will have 5x the wattage of your Crate combo, but with that half-stack, it'll only have 2.5x.

Anyway, if you're dying for a budget half-stack (which isn't worth it IMO), why not try the usual direct-order suspects: Carvin and Avatar? Avatar you can choose ohm ratings (i.e. choose a 4 ohm cab). For Carvin, you can get a 4 ohm 210 or 115 (sadly, not a 410). I think Avatar would be better for your purposes, but check them both out. If you want to post something you like, I'll tell you what I know about them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102