When I play harmonics, I can never seem to make them last longer than a second. Is my guitar or me?
It could possibly be your amp.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Add a little more gain and more mids.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
are you pulling off after you play the harmonic?

don't ruthlessly pull off just gently lift your fingers off the string after you've picked. If your using anything other than the 12th fret, high gain distortion is probbaly best
Quote by Pikka Bird
...or maybe your string "frets out" just a little.

Like it hits the the fret? Should I adjust my action?

Yes, distortion is turned up.
Quote by FargoDog
are you pulling off after you play the harmonic?

don't ruthlessly pull off just gently lift your fingers off the string after you've picked. If your using anything other than the 12th fret, high gain distortion is probbaly best

You're thinking of natural harmonics, I think. Pulling off of an artificial harmonic would surely kill the harmonic totally and completely.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
if your strings are old they will be horable for harmonics
so I sugest changing them every week to pervent freting out
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Quote by Midnight Murk
Going through 52 sets of strings a year isn't practical for most people.

Not that I think it is neccesary or anything but thats $5 a week...I can find that much change in my car each week.
right,
changign strings every week is a waste of time and money adn is completely unnecessary.

strings dont' go bad after a week.
Hey agree there is no need. Unless you tour and the strings are constantly in ****ty humid conditions under hot lights.