Page 1 of 2
I havent thought of it until now..but what is the most covered song that any band has done?? rock wise..??
Do you mean official covers, or just bands dicking about at gigs?

If official, Iron Man maybe.

Dicking about at gigs, too many possibilities.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Sweet Child o Mine for unsigned bands

Freebird?

Knockin on heavens door...
PSN: Noverion
Stairway or House of the Rising Sun, I beleive.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Hmm? cuz i mean ive heard smoke played by some badns...did kill switch do smoke or did killswitch do holy diver
"Paul McCartney's "Yesterday" is the most covered song in popular music history, with over three thousand different versions.[citation needed]"
Quote by GHOST_OF_WAR
Hmm? cuz i mean ive heard smoke played by some badns...did kill switch do smoke or did killswitch do holy diver

killswitch did holy diver
Yeah, it's "Yesterday".
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
I remember hearing Yesterday by the Beatles being considered the most covered, but I don't really believe that one. Recorded covers, maybe. But just covers as a whole, no way.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door is up there, for sure. As is Paranoid by Black Sabbath, and of course, Stairway to Heaven.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
ive thought of covering a song..but i dont know which one to cover..i mean i tried when the man comes around by johny cash...in metal..but that didnt work out..........at all..
Quote by Wikipedia
There are several songs that have been said to have the most cover versions, but for various reasons it is difficult to accurately determine what song has the most cover versions. Databases attempting to do so may be incomplete or flawed with regard to songs from the developing world. In addition to that older songs may have cover versions that are no longer well documented.

Certain songs are largely known for having a large number of cover versions and are called "standards." In musical forms like blues or particularly jazz it is not uncommon for musicians to have albums or CDs made up primarily of standards. For more on this see Blues standard, Jazz standard, and the Great American Songbook.

The Beatles' "Yesterday" is often called the most covered song in popular music history; some allege there are over three thousand different versions, although no evidence has been provided. An online cover song database lists a little over a hundred covers for the song,[21] but places Eleanor Rigby as being more covered than it.[22] The Beatles' "Come Together" has also been covered numerous times. It has been documented that " A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum has been covered over 800 times.[23]George Gershwin's "Summertime" (from Porgy and Bess) is considered a standard (see jazz standard) so has been performed in enough versions that an accurate number might be difficult to ascertain. Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (from the film Holiday Inn) is well known for having been covered, and what is more a popular hit record, numerous times. According to one estimate "Cry Me a River", written by Arthur Hamilton, had 115 cover versions. [24] The 1973 song Radar Love by Golden Earring has been recorded over 350 times[25] and has appeared in many TV shows, movies and even video games.

Other songs which have been released many times as cover versions include "Popcorn" by Gershon Kingsley (which has been covered over 200 times,[26]) "Rock Around the Clock",[27], , "Eres tu" by Mocedades, [28]"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland, "Blue Monday" (New Order), "Louie Louie" (Richard Berry), "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb), "Fever" (Otis Blackwell),"Across the Universe" (The Beatles), "Baby It's You" (The Shirelles), "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" (Jimmy Webb), "Helter Skelter" (The Beatles), "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan), "Twist and Shout" (Isley Brothers), "We Will Rock You" (Queen), "Besame Mucho" (Consuelo Velázquez), "Free Bird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd), "When I Fall In Love" (Doris Day), "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (Joy Division), "Stardust" (Bing Crosby), "Garota de Ipanema" (Tom Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes), "Feelings" (Morris Albert), "No Woman No Cry" (Bob Marley & the Wailers), "Dirty Old Town" (Ewan MacColl), "I Fought the Law" (Sonny Curtis), "Axel F" (Harold Faltermeyer), "Roll Over Beethoven" (Chuck Berry), "How Deep Is Your Love" (The Bee Gees), "Something" (The Beatles), "Soul Man" (Sam & Dave) and many of the less recent works of Bob Dylan (such as "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and "All Along the Watchtower") "Paranoid" (Black Sabbath) and Leonard Cohen (as of December 5, 2004, there were at least 940 published cover versions of Cohen songs.[29]) The Australian television program The Money or the Gun featured for every episode a new cover of Stairway to Heaven, played in versions ranging from a Wagnerian opera to a Beatles melody.

Yup.
It use to be "rock n roll" by Led Zep,actually Stairway I hardly ever heard covered,a couple times but not much.

Paranoid is another,Mustang Sally also.Gimme 3 steps by LS also.

Born to be wild too....though I love that song no matter how many times I hear it or play it,you can go off on that song.

Entersandman is up there also.

Ain't talkin' 'bout love.........VH
For rock/metal bands i think its Metallica - Enter sandman
and
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by GHOST_OF_WAR
Metallica did smoke on the water well and killsitch lived up to dio's holy diver
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
I have I think ten covers of Little Wing, but they aren't all official, some of them are bootlegs from gigs.
actually I read something that said Yesterday by the Beatles is the most covered song in history... I dont remember where I read that tho. Those old blues musicians got covered alot back in the day tho. Guys like Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Skip James and them
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by Zox
All along the watchtower

thats probably the most covered cover.

Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by Zox
All along the watchtower

+1

btw, i love your hynotoad avatar
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
not exactly rock but the most covers of any song ive heard was 3 AM by Matchbox 20
Apparently Mayhem's "Deathcrush" has been covered over 140 times.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Canon in D by Pachelbel?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Iron Man and Paranoid by Black Sabbath

sweet child o' mine

and too many others
RIP:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
Clifford Lee Burton

You'll all be missed

Disciple of Åkerfeldtism
hmm i think i might go with johnny b goode....i'll check on that song..if not i guess i'll not cover anything..cuz megadeth has already done paranoid (not saying that johnny b goode hasnt been done but...yeh..)
white stripes - seven nation army for people tht are beginners
and probs smells like teen spirit
Page 1 of 2