Line 6 Spider II 120W - $175-$200. For some reason the seller put two 10 inch speakers in and removed the two 12 inch?? (this concerns me)..

Line 6 Spider III 30W $200 (it's the newer model, plus I can be assured it's ok)

I love the idea of the 120W spider 2 for that price, but why decrease the speaker size??
For god's sake. Don't buy a Spider unless it has Valve in the name.

I beg of you. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
they just dont sound good

whats your budget and style of playing?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Because they are poor as.

If you want a decent modeller look at a Vox Valvetronix

What genres do you play?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
You might consider checking out the Roland Cube line of amps or if you don't play metal, the Vox Valvetronix line of amps instead. The general consensus around here is that both of those are better than the Spiders (except for the Valve).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
It will sound like the best amp ever made if you haven't ever heard anything better, but once you realize the vast amount of MUCH better amps there are for the same price or even cheaper, you realize just how crappy the Spiders sound. There is absolutely no tone involved, and it sounds more processed than KFC's chicken and more digital than... something that's really freakin digital.

Either try to find a used tube combo, or save up your money.
I guess my budget is around $250 (that's kind of pushing it)..

I like clean to metal... (not heavy metal)... Which is why I like the Spider.. It gives you that wide range..
Quote by mikel833
I guess my budget is around $250 (that's kind of pushing it)..

I like clean to metal... (not heavy metal)... Which is why I like the Spider.. It gives you that wide range..

Clean to metal but not too heavy?

Vox Valvetronix for you, sir.
The Roland Cube 30X fits in your budget and should be able to meet your needs quite nicely.
Quote by Fama
or if you don't play metal, the Vox Valvetronix

I do want to play metal, just not heavy.. What are the Vox Valvetronix's limitations (as far as metal is concerned)?
Last edited by mikel833 at Feb 4, 2008,
It's got plenty of gain for metal IMO.

It just struggles a bit with inhumanly br00t4l stuff.
BTW, I have a GNX3000 stompbox.. can that give the same quality tone as the models built into one of these amps??

Do I even NEED a modeling amp if I have the GNX3000?.. Ugh..
Tried the crate flex and the distortion on it sucks. Get roland 30x. Nooo spiders or vox amp.!!!
Quote by mafropetee
it sounds more processed than KFC's chicken

Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by mikel833
Line 6 Spider II 120W - $175-$200. For some reason the seller put two 10 inch speakers in and removed the two 12 inch?? (this concerns me)..

Line 6 Spider III 30W $200 (it's the newer model, plus I can be assured it's ok)

I love the idea of the 120W spider 2 for that price, but why decrease the speaker size??

i would be hesitant to buy any amp that had replaced speakers, especially if they're smaller than the originals.