Saw this thread over at Bass Talk, thought you guys might like it:

Quote by IconBasser;5247864
SR series:

BTB:

SRX:

I now have UNRELENTING GAS for an SR705

Where as I have GAS for the BTB575FM

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Talkbass, get it right
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
as with the old ibanez basses they really don't impress me
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last year i bought the Ibanez BTB450QM and preferred it over the Music Man's i tried. It has a beautiful sound and you has so many different settings that you can any type of music with it. It is also an amazing bass for slap.
Most of them look solid and well-built, but I could never, ever get into Ibanez. First of all, their lineage as a guitar copy company (a la Tokai) irks me a little, and to me, they don't have any iconic shapes, designs, or tones - just modern vanilla stuff.

And before we say Iceman, it neck dives 100x worse than the T-Bird.

EDIT: And their serial-numbers-as-names drive me up the wall, too.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by thefitz
Most of them look solid and well-built, but I could never, ever get into Ibanez. First of all, their lineage as a guitar copy company (a la Tokai) irks me a little, and to me, they don't have any iconic shapes, designs, or tones - just modern vanilla stuff.

And before we say Iceman, it neck dives 100x worse than the T-Bird.

EDIT: And their serial-numbers-as-names drive me up the wall, too.

Really? I would think that bottom leg would act as a counterbalance.

As for the new basses, I like the shape of the horns of the BTB, but I dislike the large size. I also dislike the pickup shape for the BTB and SR. I think the finishes look great, however the only bass I would consider owning out of the new ones is the SRX series. Nice bridges, though.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by kranoscorp
Really? I would think that bottom leg would act as a counterbalance.

It's the bottom leg that makes it not balance! Think about it - the leg is pointing towards the neck. If the Iceman was flipped the other way, with the strap button on the leg, that would balance, but if they did that, well, it wouldn't be a guitar with a longer neck!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Charlatan_001
They all look the same as the old Ibanezes...

+1

They look nice, but I still don't think they're anything special.
signature
Quote by thedonutman
The BTB shape looks a bit strange IMO, the horns get too thin and too far apart.

Which makes me imagine this

Funny. I do like that finish though.
The BTB wasn't designed by someone who actually played bass. The contours are all wrong.
I agree, and personally the BTB has a much too wide body for my liking. Just look at the fat ass on it! I've seen one in the flesh and didn't want to touch it really.
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
I agree, and personally the BTB has a much too wide body for my liking. Just look at the fat ass on it! I've seen one in the flesh and didn't want to touch it really.

I played one once, I didn't think it looked too bad, as long as you don't look at it completely head on when its hanging off the wall.

They are pretty comfortable and sound good too. I personally just think they look bad in pictures
BTB575FM looks gorgeous in that finish. I'm gasing for that and I've never even played it. Gah. ._.