I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll get some opinions. A guy said he will sell his 5150 combo for $400 US to me. It's in decent shape, and it works. Should I go for it. My sound is kinda like bullet for my valentine and children of bodom.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Last edited by JesusLives at Feb 4, 2008,
If you wanna play metal then yes. If you want jazz, I wouldn't.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
If it sounds good to you, then it sounds like a great deal.

I like your sig, too. Sam & Herman are great guys. I got to drink with them for a bit at NAMM! Uber-mad shredders!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
For your genres YES! They normally go for $500-$700 on US eBay. Do it!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yes!
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
As long as there's nothing wrong with it, BUY IT NOW!!!!
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
That is an amazing deal.... GET THAT AMP! (i'm saying this b/c they sell the same amp, the 6505 for like 1k... you save 600 dollars!)... no offense but Dragonforce can't pull of any of that **** off live, its all studio, BUT GET THAT DAMN 5150
Quote by paranormal5150
Well bullet for my valentine uses a 5150 so you def want it.

6505+*
Quote by haz_uk
6505+*

6505 & 5150 are the same amp*

I don't THINK they use the + version do they? because they have used Roland Jazz Chorus' for cleans so far- not sure about the new album though
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

if you dont do it, your a dumbass!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Don't do it, the amp sucks!

Um.... give me his name and number so I can... um... berate him.

Yeah...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Highwaytohell
That is an amazing deal.... GET THAT AMP! (i'm saying this b/c they sell the same amp, the 6505 for like 1k... you save 600 dollars!)... no offense but Dragonforce can't pull of any of that **** off live, its all studio, BUT GET THAT DAMN 5150

I haven't seen Dragonforce play live, but I've seen them drink, & it's a miracle they can find the floor. They are absolute party animals, & really nice guys. I'll also bet they could drink enough to get on the liver transplant list, & STILL outplay just about anyone. I've met people that have SEEN them do it. Herman & Sam are so good, they could do that sh!t in their sleep.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
The combo's are a different beast, i've actually heard they're mediocre compared to the head/cab.

$400 is a good price though. My local shop has one for $650.
Quote by TJM2482
The combo's are a different beast, i've actually heard they're mediocre compared to the head/cab.

$400 is a good price though. My local shop has one for $650.

Thats not right. They are actually biased hotter from the factory, some people prefer the combo's sound to the head.
I would jump on it, I see them around $600-650 all the time.

If it was around $400 I would buy it, and I only play metal rarely.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Yngwi3
6505 & 5150 are the same amp*

I don't THINK they use the + version do they? because they have used Roland Jazz Chorus' for cleans so far- not sure about the new album though

6505=5150
6505+=5150 II
That's a pretty good deal. I sold mine for $650 shipped.

There was a guy here a few weeks back selling the whole halfstack for $400 and i messaged him like an hour after he put it up and he already sold it lol. I was sad.

Quote by riffhog
I like your sig, too. Sam & Herman are great guys. I got to drink with them for a bit at NAMM! Uber-mad shredders!!

Yeah I got to talk with them and the keyboardist too at the concert here when they were touring with KSE. Pretty cool guys, but they were drunk as hell haha. But I dunno, I've seen them play live twice and they didn't mess up on their playing at all, even drunk.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It's a good deal. Check for dead tubes, torn speakers, and enclosures filled with pillows or Jello.
Last edited by the.spine.surfs at Feb 5, 2008,
I'd say go for it. I love my 5150. If you don't like it, sell it for a profit. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Quote by Highwaytohell
6505=5150
6505+=5150 II

yes...I know,....
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

matt tuck definately plays through a 6505+

padge plays through a dual rec
above all i will say buy that thing now! but i would take the time to research how the 5150 really works... i had mine for over a year before i finally wised up and read into how the amp head itself was designed...i thought oh its EVH's amp ill just crank up the gain and blow everyone away... WRONG! and you cant really ask someone for a setup because every guitar is different... So i say buy the amp, its a great deal, but research on weather or not you want a bias mod installed!
Guitars: ESP - Alexi Laiho V
Jackson- RR3
Amp: peavy 5150
Stack: Crate 4x12 & Fender anniv. 4x12