Page 1 of 23
well, here we go..... there's an irish thread.... somewhere, but this is all about scotland....

you can tell this thread is going to die stright away

also, if you are scottish, join the scottish group

and id say no stereotypes, but its bound to happen anyway
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Last edited by tomathy at Feb 5, 2008,
****ing wind...
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
posting in a scottish thread.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Good god, we have like FORTY ****ING THREADS NOW. do we need another?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Glaswegian pride!

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Im from the 'Burgh
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by meh!
Good god, we have like FORTY ****ING THREADS NOW. do we need another?

Yes. Yes we do.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Badreligionrock
Glaswegian pride!

You go to my university!

\m/
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
There is many a scottish thread, can't hurt to have another ;]

Stirling =(
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
You go to my university!

\m/

It's pretty swish, though second year frightens me.

Will you be down the Crags tonight then?

Quote by Pinky19
lol, in Chat, I got Leonhaert to say

"Well then, please Malky me"
We should grant Scotland independence but keep North Sea Oil. That would be beyond awesome.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
We should grant Scotland independence but keep North Sea Oil. That would be beyond awesome.

Why's that, racism? Desire to see Scotland suffer? :p
Sunny Dunny, which is nearby to stirling.

Some poor weather we've been having, either sun or snow would be lovely. Not that I'm not used to it.

Since the download headliners are something of a let down, in my humblest of opinions, anyone got any opinions on our own, Scottish (on topic, ish) festival, T in the park? Thinking about it, more of my mates would be there, even although the bands aren't as much to my taste, which might even be a good thing, considering how little a chance there would be of actually getting to see them properly, between all the distractions.... anyone?
Quote by metadrix
Sunny Dunny, which is nearby to stirling.

Some poor weather we've been having, either sun or snow would be lovely. Not that I'm not used to it.

Since the download headliners are something of a let down, in my humblest of opinions, anyone got any opinions on our own, Scottish (on topic, ish) festival, T in the park? Thinking about it, more of my mates would be there, even although the bands aren't as much to my taste, which might even be a good thing, considering how little a chance there would be of actually getting to see them properly, between all the distractions.... anyone?

T in the Park is kinda ****e. Was there last year. If you want distractions, just go to a theme park or something.
my grandad was 7/948 scottish!!

sorry we get it the whole time in the irish tread
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I have to ask the TS to fix the first post a bit.

Enough people think we're neanderthals living in mud huts as it is.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
been at t in the park 2 times. last year and the year before that.

was good. best if with loads of mates and drink. and also depends really on the music u like.

Camping is the way 2 go! though remember theres lots of idiots there.
Quote by meh!
T in the Park is kinda ****e. Was there last year. If you want distractions, just go to a theme park or something.

hmm, you make a good point, and its expensive as hell...

Quote by Biatch
been at t in the park 2 times. last year and the year before that.

was good. best if with loads of mates and drink. and also depends really on the music u like.

Camping is the way 2 go! though remember theres lots of idiots there.

You also make a good point... It would be loadsa, 10+ mates, of varying closeness. The music thing, I would definitely err on the download side of things though, was hoping to go there, but headliners.... It would definitely be camping at either anyway.
Quote by meh!
Why's that, racism? Desire to see Scotland suffer? :p

You're all convinced you can manage while independent because English subsidies of Scotland are roughly equal to the profit from NSO (about £2 billion). If we took both you'd suddenly find yourself a lot poorer.

And because I hate the Scottish independence movement and generally a lot of the behaviour of Scottish people pertaining to their "national identity" and politics really irritates me.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
You're all convinced you can manage while independent because English subsidies of Scotland are roughly equal to the profit from NSO (about £2 billion). If we took both you'd suddenly find yourself a lot poorer.

And because I hate the Scottish independence movement and generally a lot of the behaviour of Scottish people pertaining to their "national identity" and politics really irritates me.

What he said. But I agree, wahey. I am really annoyed with devolution, Britain is the way to go, I say, bring Ireland back under the Union Jack.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Meths

Ah, so you'd do it over the actions of a minority.

Though I don't know what you're problem with "national identity" is.
Quote by freddaahh
What he said. But I agree, wahey. I am really annoyed with devolution, Britain is the way to go, I say, bring Ireland back under the Union Jack.

It's only a Union jack when it's on a ship. So let's not all unite under the uninon jack
Quote by Meths

aye over nationalistic scots are bastards

we're better united
Quote by meh!
Ah, so you'd do it over the actions of a minority.

Though I don't know what you're problem with "national identity" is.

I believe the SNP is the dominant party in the SP. That's hardly a minority.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
I believe the SNP is the dominant party in the SP. That's hardly a minority.

You can't believe that the SNP vote represents those who favour independence, because you're not an idiot. So I'll ignore that.
Quote by meh!
You can't believe that the SNP vote represents those who favour independence, because you're not an idiot. So I'll ignore that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5331992.stm

Oscar Wilde
SNP is a minority government so there is no one dominant party

I'm from North lanarkshire

EDIT: The UK gives Scotland closer to £6-8 Billion as far as im aware each year
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Glaswegian pride!

+1
lol
where bouts you from in glasgow?
Top lel.
People are sadly too over concerned with their 'national identity'. Honestly, it's astonishing.

'We shouldn't split from the UK.'
'Why? You don't wanna be lumped in with the ****in' English, do you?'
'Does it make a difference who some stupid Americans catagorise us with? I'm happy with a functioning government.'
'If you're so right, then why did so many people vote SNP?'
'Because all the non-voting smart people were very silly in entrusting the vote to you idiots.'
'So I'm an idiot now?'
'Yes. You are.'

And so on. I'm part English anyway...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.