Hi UG, I need your help. I have an Ibanez RG (Wizard II neck, really thin profile) with a small (a little bit thicker than a hair) crack near the headstock, stretching from the first fret to a little bit past the nut. It doesn't seem too major but I noticed it also cracked the finish on the headstock (matches body) but I'm wondering should I be worried or can I fix it, or is it just cosmetic? thanks in advance for any help
Pics would help.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics would help.

+1. Really hard to tell without pictures.
Perhaps you cracked it from having the screws behind the nut to tight.

I would try to get that repaired as soon as possible.
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics would help.

Yeah, I figured as much, but since I don't have a camera I can't really give any, but I'll look for a picture of a guitar neck in the same area of the crack and I can draw it out, if that helps.
Quote by jake911
Perhaps you cracked it from having the screws behind the nut to tight.

I would try to get that repaired as soon as possible.

It would not crack there. If anything, you would have very small hairline cracks about a third of an inch on the inner side of the nut screw, and even then that was only an issue with old Wizards, not the IIs.
Quote by jake911
Did your guitar by any chance get knocked over?

it might have. Since it's the only thing I have worth owning I am very careful with it (can't say the same for my cousin who also uses it from time to time) but since I sleep in the living room and don't have my own room, my crap gets moved everywhere, and since I'm in high school for 7 hours a day I have no idea what's going on during that time (complete disregard for personal belongings ftw) I'll assume that's a possibility.