I'd imagine not...Low action doesn't change the tension, just the distance between the fretboard and string. So I'll say no.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
not sure but i think if your strings are lower you lose a bit of sustain
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
do fat bass players actually contribute to sustain?
It just seemed a good idea at the time to try putting a tenth in above it, which is a corny interval. But somebody had to do it just once, and now no one can ever do it again.'
Quote by watchingmefall
Do kuplungmasters contribute to the forums?

TS: No.
watchingmefall: No.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
How low are we talking here?

Because if the strings are flat against the fretboard, then your sustain will be severly diminished. Practically to the point of you not being able to play your instrument at all anymore.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by akaDan
?

!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
can we all stop spamming, or do we all want to get warnings?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
i would believe that it would have an effect on the sustain. but it definently would not be a noticable difference.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I don't think action has an affect on sustain as much as pickup height does. Unless the strings are so low they're actually hitting the frets when they vibrate over and over, I can't imagine it'll make any difference at all. Pickup height is a different story, but that doesn't necessarily have to do with action.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Action has nothing to do with sustain. I can't believe you guys are actually wasting time on such lame topic!
It just seemed a good idea at the time to try putting a tenth in above it, which is a corny interval. But somebody had to do it just once, and now no one can ever do it again.'
Quote by Kuplungmaster
Action has nothing to do with sustain. I can't believe you guys are actually wasting time on such lame topic!

Lol, go put your action so low that the strings are touching the frets

doesn't sustain now, does it?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.