Page 1 of 2
Meh, never rated Kerry King as a guitarist. He's cool, but he needs to learn about rhythm and melody.

EDIT: Just watched the video. Very accurate indeed!
kerry king just does something, and passes it of as skill
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

You obviously haven't seen a sucky guitarist then?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
mhm, I love slayer but kerry king seriously needs to be replaced
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
no you dont love slayer. if you did you would never want him removed. lol sometimes his solos do suck.
Quote by Megallica666
no you dont love slayer. if you did you would never want him removed. lol sometimes his solos do suck.

who are you to say that I don't love a band, Slayer is awesome but Kerry King not so much in my opinion. There are plenty of other guitarists out there that could fit his role in slayer much better than he can when it comes to playing
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
ive seen that video before...

weak

That dude thinks hes such a bad ass, starved for attention. What King lacks on soloing, he makes up for in his riffs.

King is far from the greatest guitarist of all time, but Kings sound is slayer. His soloing fits the music perfectly. IMO
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 4, 2008,
Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of Kerry King. I mean, Slayer is the band that got me into metal and stuff, but once I weened off of that uninspired, arrhythmic noise, I realized how overrated Slayer is as a band and that Kerry King can play fast but he's a shitty guitarist.
It was all funny except for when he was making fun of his riffs being simple. Sometimes simple is best.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Quote by str84ever
LOOK AT MY BEARD ITS SO METAL

+1
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
But that's what makes Kerry the King! His chaotic and wailing solos are just him; they're not as good as Jeff's soloing, but they add something integral to Slayer. He is right about the solos though, but that's the point of Kerry.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
That guy was actually pretty funny, which I didn't expect.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I'm sick about hearing how Kerry King's soloing being horrible. It really isn't. Why on earth do you ask?

Because, 1 - it's extremely unique and integral to Slayer's chaotic sound. 2 - I've seen many good metal guitarists unable to imitate or cover his solos. 3 - Random, dissonant, chaotic, chromatic, all ways you could describe his solos, but if you pay attention to him on albums and live, he is playing that random stuff with accuracy.

But in the end, no, I don't like his soloing.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Funny how people get all defensive, the guy was making a joke, and he did a good job, but no, we can't admit that.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
People bashing on Kerry King are uber "fail" (God I hate that expression, but oh how it fits).

Go and listen to Raining Blood. Tell me that is not "teh br00tals" or a well written song with some of the coolest riffs ever.
I like Slayer, but I don't think Kerry King even knows how to stay in key.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
As much as I like Kerry King that's pretty funny.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by KryptNet
I'm sick about hearing how Kerry King's soloing being horrible. It really isn't. Why on earth do you ask?

Because, 1 - it's extremely unique and integral to Slayer's chaotic sound. 2 - I've seen many good metal guitarists unable to imitate or cover his solos. 3 - Random, dissonant, chaotic, chromatic, all ways you could describe his solos, but if you pay attention to him on albums and live, he is playing that random stuff with accuracy.

But in the end, no, I don't like his soloing.

And because he can play in time... the other pillar of music, melody, just doesn't count? Hitting random notes in key is one thing, but just any fret you can find? That isn't impressive in any sense at all.

I like Slayer, but I've always thought his solos were turd.
He's alright, what he does he does pretty well. But he certainly isn't a fantastic technical guitarist.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by JDawg
Can you just respect him as a guitar player? The video was a joke. Never really listened to slayer, but just **** off, seriously please?

I agree, it's how really stupid ill-informed music opinions are formed.
'...And sometimes, i like to throw a little curveball in there:
CHUG-CHUG-CHUG-CHUG *break* CHUG-CHUG-CHUGGA'

lulz. i enjoy sarcastic metal kids.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Page 1 of 2