So I got some straplocks for X-mas...

I put the new screws in and such...

They totally stripped the wood clean.

I tried to use bigger screws, but then the straplock part wont fit.

What should I do to fill the hole?
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Stronger than nails!

Or an Epoxy based wood filler should do the trick nicely, you can pick a small canister of that up at a local hardware store for about $/£5. Just tell someone there what your lookin for and I'm sure they'll help.

Ive heard of people using standard household super glue but I'm not sure how that would work out, might be ok though butwoodfillers specificaly designed for that and might cope with the stress better.
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
Last edited by Dithindious at Feb 4, 2008,
Put a toothpick in the strap hole and the thread of the straplock should grip into it.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by Dithindious
Stronger than nails!

+1

any kind of solid wood filler should work
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Options include:

Cocktail sticks, matches, super glue, wood glue, PVA glue and wood filler.

That's all I can think of right now.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Break up a toothpick, pack it in, add a little elmer's glue.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I actually had the same exact problem about a month ago. Wood filler works perfectly and has held strongly so far. I just filled the hole, making sure that it was compact and there weren't random air pockets, then let it dry overnight and it was all set.
GMO INC.
Quote by danohat
What type of wood stripped so easily?

It can happen with any wood both my Iceman (basswood) and my S470 (Mahogany) had this happen to them when I changed the strap buttons.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Long story short...

Friend buys used guitar, friend plays used guitar, used guitar's strap button falls out, used guitar's neck breaks, friend finds remnants of matchsticks in the hole...

After this incident, I'll never use the matchstick trick again.

Find a dowel that fits snug, wood glue it and re-drill the hole accordingly.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"