It seems like almost all hollow or semi hollow guitars have "F" shaped f holes (hence the name) but I does anybody have any ideas for a different shape for them? I might build a semi hollow and I'd like to be more original with it.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Trini Lopez have the diamond shaped, B.C. Rich has dagger shaped, Gretsch have G-holes.

A-Holes would be kinda comical.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I like crescent moon shapes on the semi-hollow PRS LE
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Wait, so your question was "please tell me how to be original"? Just search google to get ideas. Ormsby once did a shark shaped f-hole if I recall correctly. Then I've seen sweeping vine type f-foles, simple crescent types, many different f shapes, different locations on the guitars body, you could make it look like a mouth, or the letter A (as suggested above, I wonder how many people would get that?) or a hand, or another guitar, or any design, or a wah pedal, or a tree, or waves, or a snake, or any design! Google image it to get some ideas!
Quote by flashbandit
Wait, so your question was "please tell me how to be original"? Just search google to get ideas. Ormsby once did a shark shaped f-hole if I recall correctly. Then I've seen sweeping vine type f-foles, simple crescent types, many different f shapes, different locations on the guitars body, you could make it look like a mouth, or the letter A (as suggested above, I wonder how many people would get that?) or a hand, or another guitar, or any design, or a wah pedal, or a tree, or waves, or a snake, or any design! Google image it to get some ideas!

no, the question was "please give me ideas that will guide me down the path to originality"

and thanks
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
D'aquisto's hole still is the most elegant solution - it's acoustically sound (pun intended) too.

You could get away with anything- the cajon i built has a triangle-shaped soundhole with a bar running down the middle.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!