Hanging a guitar up on a wall (by the neck) seems like it would be bad for the guitar. I always thought that with heavy guitars like Les Paul's it would make the glue in the neck weaken. I am probably wrong since almost every guitar shop does this.
Hello
you would think so but im sure it doesnt really make a difference especially on bolt ons
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
If you grab a guitar by it's neck for a long time, you will lose your intonation i think...
i heard it's actually better for the neck...
but don't ask me why anymore

and do you know that the glue is stronger than the wood in most cases ?
a guitar isn't made of chocolate, you know...
While playing guitar over a friends house, he told me to stand the guitar up with the strings towards the wall. It's supposed to be better for the neck.
Quote by The red Strat.

and do you know that the glue is stronger than the wood in most cases ?
a guitar isn't made of chocolate, you know...

So thats why my mouth always bleeds when i chew on my fret board?
Hello
Quote by The red Strat.
Yeah, they say our good friend gravity keeps the neck straight.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
From my experience...

My sister had a Squier that she left at my parent's house after she moved out. They never touched it and left it where she did, leaning up against the wall of her old room. Almost a year later (I just started getting into guitars), my parent's moved and gave me the guitar. The neck had a really severe bow to it, making it practically unplayable except maybe for slide. I let it hang on one of my wall hangers for a couple weeks, and the bow was noticeably less. Left it there for a couple more weeks, then had a setup done on it. No one would've ever known you could have fired an arrow from the strings when I first got my hands on it. Played quite well actually since.

Then I sold it and bought a Schecter.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by zepledfan413
While playing guitar over a friends house, he told me to stand the guitar up with the strings towards the wall. It's supposed to be better for the neck.

i think your 'friend' is having a laugh.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix