Ok so I was told about Full Sail. Getting you into the music business and recording arts and whatnot. I live in Pittsburgh and was thinking about going there because I really want a job like that. But some people say the school is basically a waste of money and a joke. Can anyone reccomend me any other schools that would perhaps be better or make it easy for me to get a career in what im looking for? I would love to make a career of anything working with music or bands. In a studio, working with concerts or tours, with bands personally, anything of that nature. Thanks in advance.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
A degree in business or economics or communication will get you in to the business.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
what about more just like..something dealing with music?
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by A_New_Level
what about more just like..something dealing with music?

If you want something dealing with music get a music degree. You'd have better chances, though, with a communication or business degree.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I would stay away from any school that runs infomercials for its curriculum during after hours programming on basic cable...

Many schools (standard, run-o-the-mill Universities, even) are picking up programs in sound/music engineering, recording, and all that audiophile techno-geekery that you are after... I would look towards some universities in your area first.
I have a lot of friends and family in entertainment, and they say full sail is a joke and not very respected in this business and is a looot of money.