I have been playing for 6 years but mostly just messing around but in school I'm taking a class and I'm supposed to solo over different chords but I don't know where to be playing scales anything. Like if it is an f chord where should I be playing a scale for that? thanks for any help
If the chord proggression starts on an F chord you can play the F pentatonic scale If its Fmajor play the F major pentatonic and vicer versa for Minor.

you can also use F major scale and shizz like that, but for the moment just start on Pentatonic.

same if it was in G. solo in the G pentatonic

dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

You could just forget about scales and start on any of the notes in the F chord and then just play nearby notes that sound correct, eventually you'll just build your own licks around it, it's pretty simple, you'll tend to notice when a note sounds wrong as it will stand out quite a bit.
I'd definitely say start out by just learning the notes in the chord and play those, then branch out to other notes in the scale or add a little flair by doing extra stuff like chromaticizing(word?haha) and adding 7ths and 9ths and all that good stuff.
Quote by YYZ
You could just forget about scales and start on any of the notes in the F chord and then just play nearby notes that sound correct, eventually you'll just build your own licks around it, it's pretty simple, you'll tend to notice when a note sounds wrong as it will stand out quite a bit.

yes the guessing game, this always works well..... or you could

RTFS
Quote by crazymanbigman
If the chord proggression starts on an F chord you can play the F pentatonic scale If its Fmajor play the F major pentatonic and vicer versa for Minor.

you can also use F major scale and shizz like that, but for the moment just start on Pentatonic.

same if it was in G. solo in the G pentatonic

Guess what.....................
That works! I usally start playing on the 12 fret. I love to start there for some reason.