hey, this is my first time on this site, other than just looking up tabs. i just have a question about which wah pedal i should get. i have been playing guitar for 3 years now and i have a ****ty wah pedal right now and its not a true bypass, which is what im looking for. im a very diverse player. i need this for the metal bands im in in, but i also play for my schools band and would like to use it there. and one last thing i would like to play some funk with it. i have been looking into some of them and i just want your opinions. i have been thinking about
1.Vox V847A Wah Pedal
2.Dunlop JH-1B Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah Pedal
3.Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Pedal
i have been leaning towards the Vox V848, but im not sure. any help would be appreciated.
thanks, zack
Another good wah is Ibanez's; Very adjustable and has built in foot switch.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i've been told the Mccoy is now discontinued....mine never came in and they finally got informed that they're discontinued from all the stores (less ur lucky to find someone w/ a few left) and i got the V847 instead
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Slash wah does high gain, bluesy gain, and clean funky stuff very well. I'd definitely try one at the least. The built in gain isn't spectacular, but it does work nicely with my green screamer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by oneblackened
Another good wah is Ibanez's; Very adjustable and has built in foot switch.

Not the weeping demon. He said he wanted TRUE bybass and 'the weeper' is a major tone sucker....(i.e. sounds like crap)
True bypass is highly overrated, especially with a large pedal board. The only Dunlop worth getting is the Crybaby from Hell and, to a lesser extent, he 535Q. For anything low gain, a Vox is probably your best bet unless you want to spring for a Budda or a Teese.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Slash wah does high gain, bluesy gain, and clean funky stuff very well. I'd definitely try one at the least. The built in gain isn't spectacular, but it does work nicely with my green screamer.

The Slash crybaby, isn't worth the price,
I'd say get a regular crybaby and get it modded,
www.solidgoldfx.com did mine all you have to do is tell them what your looking to do and what sound you're looking for, Give them a try, all i use is pedals built and modded by solidgold
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!