what do ppl think about the valvetronix amps. im thinking of getting a vox ad30vt and on the forum iv read lots of mixed reviews. some pl say its really gd for the money and some ppl think its crap.
what do u think i should get?
They're OK.

Too dark though, and a little digital* sounding.

Not very good for high gain or super clean, but do anything in between convincingly.

A good intermediate amp, especially if you're an FX newbie.

Good value, but after a few years you'll grow out of it.

* = though not to the extent that the line 6 spider is.
i am an fx noob lol. thats why i dont want to get a valve amp with fx..btw did u mean the line 6 spider is better?
Valvetronix are pretty good. I've tried out a few and my favorite so far is the AD60VTX.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by Xx Andy xX
i am an fx noob lol. thats why i dont want to get a valve amp with fx..btw did u mean the line 6 spider is better?

no he meant the Line 6 is more digital, which is worse. and i agree.

what genres will you play ?
SUperb for the money.
It's a great beginer amp and will satisfy you for a few years untill you're ready to move up to valves. Great cleans, nice crunch, smooth overdrive, so-so metal tones.
PERFECT practice amp, in fact, if you're going to go SS, valvetronix is the way to go. i use the same exact model (well before the tube upgrade) and it delivers baby. and YES they are FINE for metal, some people just don't know how to work that amp for metal, but it can do it just fine. tho if you want death death kill yo mama metal, you need an overdrive or EQ w/ it. but yea, go w/ it and you'll be very happy w/ the versatility

you have my stamp of approval lol if that means jack ****e to anyone
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
It's alright, but like most "alright" amps, you'll get bored with it after a while. If you're a beginner, however, by all means get one.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
I second third and fourth what everybody else says above. It's a decent amp, good for it's price, but don't expect miracles.
My Gear:
'05 ESP LTD EC-400
'67 Gibson ES-120T (Original)
'05 Vox AD30VT
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face (Original)
i should b getting it soon. it got delayed due to buying velvet revolver tickets but should get it in a few weeks.
thanks for the feedback
I'd rather have a 5 watt combo and a multifx pedal. For bedroom playing you'll never need to replace the amp. And you can upgrade the sound by getting an external cab with a 12" speaker. No matter what kind of pedals you eventually end up getting, the tube amp will do them justice. An all-in-one SS modeling amp is good for toting a small package around. But for tone in the practice room the 5 watt tube amp will blow it away.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're OK.

Too dark though, and a little digital* sounding.

Not very good for high gain or super clean, but do anything in between convincingly.

A good intermediate amp, especially if you're an FX newbie.

Good value, but after a few years you'll grow out of it.

* = though not to the extent that the line 6 spider is.

True. It's good for the value, and it served me good for almost 2 years, but Im getting a full tube soon.
It's great for what it is. If you're a beginner/intermediate player that needs a good practice amp, you can't do much better.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
basically i just want a gd cheap amp. and i dont want to get all these different pedals coz im a noob with FX. plus the amp i hav now is totally crap. i will more than likely replace the vox in a year or 2 with a tube amp once i know more about FX and stuff.
If he wants to jam with a drummer sometimes then the 15 watter will be to small, the 30 w would however be loud enough, especially if it's put on a table, chair or similar.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
tho if you want death death kill yo mama metal, you need an overdrive or EQ w/ it.

yeah, the Valvetronix line's pretty good, and agree with the above statement.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
btw i will not b playing any death metal on my amp lol. im not into devil worshipping or killing peoples mothers.
mostly just playing some bluesy stuff. thats why im not goin to get the AD30 VT XL coz i hear thats more for metal and the like
I started out on the AD15VT. The 30 watt will be better though if you are going to eventually jam with a drummer. The effects on it are reasonable, but I only ever really used reverb, delay and compression, as I'm not sure of how to effectively used any of the other effects. If you could stretch your budget, I would suggest getting the amp I have right now, but if you can't, then the Valavetronix is the way to go. I'll stick my neck out and say it's better than the Roland (which I have tried), and it p*sses all over the Line 6 range and of course the beloved MARSHALL MG br00tAlz machinezzzzzz!!.