Page 1 of 2
Im getting so annoyed at video games being blamed for everything, when people are stabbed or shot they always claim video games had a part of it. And now i just read an article saying video games caused 9/11.

Seriously who comes up with this crap, but to be honest, i think its just people love to blame other reasons, like when there was gun crime, music was blamed, in my opinion say your son goes out and kills someone, then your obviously the bad parent, nothing to do with games.

I think i can speak for all of us when i say that we know the reality of games because i play a lot of violent games and have never had a thought of re-enacting it out for a second.

It really anoys me because im passionate about games and technology with games and when people just jump to conclusions blaming it because they love to point a finger, it anoys me greatly.

Does anyone else feel like this? or want to add anything to this rant lol?
Fact: none of the people who complain about the danger of video games have ever played one.

And how the **** could video games cause 9/11? That makes no sense. You might as well say Poker inspired the holocaust.
Quote by sashki
Fact: none of the people who complain about the danger of video games have ever played one.

And how the **** could video games cause 9/11? That makes no sense. You might as well say Poker inspired the holocaust.

Haha! Well apparently they used flight simulator to plan it out...allegedly!
To be fair, if I hadn't ever played a video game then the thought of blowing a terrorist's head off with a PSG would be horrific, instead I think it's ****ing awesome.

I guess some people just have Brains that a extremely susceptible to outside influences.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by olliestockton
in my opinion say your son goes out and kills someone, then your obviously the bad parent, nothing to do with games

okay well really people should NOT blame video games for all violence.

however, you assuming that because someone kills someone that it is definately 100% not the games, and it is 100% bad parenting is also a really crappy way of reasoning. shame on you.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
The media just needs a scapegoat. They choose videogames because everyone has played one and they're too lazy to figure out the real reasons behind crimes.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Video games are not the root cause of teenage crime, but they certainly do help enable crime. Look at Columbine; those kids were able to map out their entire school and simulate all the murders using a hacked version of Doom.

But there was something wrong with them anyway, so **** what I just said.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Thornography
The media is the worst influence of all time.

omg, +100

Its amazing that parents actually believe this bullshit. I went through it when I was younger
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
i blame he games for you posting this.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
okay well really people should NOT blame video games for all violence.

however, you assuming that because someone kills someone that it is definately 100% not the games, and it is 100% bad parenting is also a really crappy way of reasoning. shame on you.

Its up to the parent to teach children the difference between fantasy and reality.

Also its up the the parent to teach that violence is also wrong.

I didn't say it was 100% parents, but its more to blame parents rather than the video games.
Worse than any bad influence is the people who are influenced by it.

People who do crazy stuff are usually mentally unstable. Although violent video games may be an influence, they sure as hell weren't the sole cause of the incident.
It's slightly relevant: I remeber there was some trial where a parent tried to sue GTA for having a sex scene or something when it's a game that advocates bloody violence and drug/prostitute culture.

That annoyed me. This doesn't so much cos I don't hear so much about it. i don't think many people actually believe it.
Quote by FloyDZeD
The media just needs a scapegoat. They choose videogames because everyone has played one and they're too lazy to figure out the real reasons behind crimes.

+1000000
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
hear, hear
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by olliestockton
Its up to the parent to teach children the difference between fantasy and reality.

Also its up the the parent to teach that violence is also wrong.

I didn't say it was 100% parents, but its more to blame parents rather than the video games.

I agree. Altho there are times where the kid is just plain insane, most parents would rather say it was entertainment than their lousy parenting.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
well there have been almost a million murders simulating GTA. ever think about that?
Quote by sam i am
It's slightly relevant: I remeber there was some trial where a parent tried to sue GTA for having a sex scene or something when it's a game that advocates bloody violence and drug/prostitute culture.

That annoyed me. This doesn't so much cos I don't hear so much about it. i don't think many people actually believe it.

There's something seriously wrong in a society that let's Kiefer Sutherland bite out a man's jugular vein on network television, but bans a pair of bare breasts.
haha made me lol when that manhunt game was blamed for the teenagers murder in leicester. just because you play it doesnt mean youll kill people. just because you play spyro doesnt make you a dragon does it. but yeah, theres nothing wrong with video games, its people that are messed up.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
I think in this world, they will always find something to blame, which is not right, if video games were not around, they would be blaming movies, if movies were not around they would blame music, etc... it would just go on and on, basically its just excuses and they blame it on video games, well if they were ever banned, i would be pissed off so ****ing much.
i blame Grand Theft Auto and Mortal Kombat

(typicaly used by media against video games.)( above does not reflect posters actual opinion)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I think that it's fair to say that violent messages and graphics (music and games), only effect idiots in life?
Quote by 2ndslash
haha made me lol when that manhunt game was blamed for the teenagers murder in leicester. just because you play it doesnt mean youll kill people. just because you play spyro doesnt make you a dragon does it. but yeah, theres nothing wrong with video games, its people that are messed up.

I loved spyro
Quote by ctb
I think that it's fair to say that violent messages and graphics (music and games), only effect idiots in life?

+1.

Only a idiot trys to copy something he/she see's on tv that they know can get them in trouble.

Yes. That includes streakers.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
There's something seriously wrong in a society that let's Kiefer Sutherland bite out a man's jugular vein on network television, but bans a pair of bare breasts.

Agreed. Has anyone noticed that video games are pretty much the main thing being blamed? Why don't they look at the film industry? There's a handful of violent video games compared to the massive amounts of violence in films.
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
yeah the whole 5 or so posts above also point this out but, the person has to be messed up already to go out and think they can do all this in the real world
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by olliestockton
Spyro ownsssss

i never owned spyro but my friend did and we would play through it on rainy weekends.
*Sees your avatar*

Must... destroy... democracy...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
+1.

Only a idiot trys to copy something he/she see's on tv that they know can get them in trouble.

Maybe we should wear plumber's outfits and jump on mushrooms and turtles.
Quote by bendystraw
i never owned spyro but my friend did and we would play through it on rainy weekends.

I remember as a kid, thats the only time i was allowed to play video games
But seriously, people leave the education and nurturement of their kids to TV and video games, because they're lazy sods who haven't heard of condoms or anal.

Quote by ctb

i was just thinking that
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by ctb

*Sees WTC*

LET'S SQUISH IT!

Points to whoever gets the source.

Page 1 of 2