i was thinking of getting an epiphone les paul bass and wondering if they are any good
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Generally the bass forum doesnt have high views on epiphone, and after wasting 200 quid on one I dont either. However, this particular bass was the only epiphone I have played and liked. It has a nice sound to it, but slapping is a problem to put it bluntly.....
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
No, gibson/epiphone dont make very good basses. They basically take their guitars and alter them slightly.

Gibson Grabbers however are very good.
I played and found its tone to be... okay, but the balance of the bass was pretty bad, and in my opinion, the bass is not as good as many others in its price range. I've also heard plenty complaints about epiphone's basses in general. However, you really should try out the bass yourself to see what you think about it.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

If you play indie, and want a massive muddy plonk tone, get an Epiphone. If you don't want massive muddy farts coming from your bass, don't get it.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
ill go back 2 lookin at squier basses then
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
ill go back 2 lookin at squier basses then

For what you pay for a squier, they're actually relatively nice. They'll last, providing that you treat them right. Go for a Vintage Modified Jazz, if you ask me.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.