Ok, I found a JCM 900 50 watt on a site and I was wondering if anyone has owned or used one of these. I checked out some of the reviews on this site and some say its bad and some say its good, its really dispersed. Can someone give me a unbiased review if thats possible?

P.s I play pop punk, rock and classic rock from time to time.
Which model is it? I had the 4500 and a 2x12 cab, and I really liked it. One thing it isn't so good at is the classic Marshall sound. It does modern rock and metal, and a bit of older stuff, really well, but if you want the proper classic rock or blues sound that Marshall are known for, it's not as easy to achieve. The cleans were really, really nice.

For the styles you're playing, I'd say that it would be a good choice.
Depends what model you get. I have a 2100 MkIII and a 1960A cab and it sounds just like a higher gain JCM800. I love it, it does what I use it for really good. It's one of the first issue ones though (made in '91 I think), and those ones were designed to sound like a modded JCM800. As you get higher up in the models, they tend to lose that and sacrifice the regular Marshall tone for more gain and more modern tone.

Tell me what model it is and I can help you from there, but for the music you mentioned I'd say the 2100 should do it fine. It'll do Classic Rock/Rock great, but for pop-punk you might want to throw an OD/Distortion pedal in, depending on how much gain you want.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
Depends what model you get. I have a 2100 MkIII and a 1960A cab and it sounds just like a higher gain JCM800. I love it, it does what I use it for really good. It's one of the first issue ones though (made in '91 I think), and those ones were designed to sound like a modded JCM800. As you get higher up in the models, they tend to lose that and sacrifice the regular Marshall tone for more gain and more modern tone.

Tell me what model it is and I can help you from there, but for the music you mentioned I'd say the 2100 should do it fine. It'll do Classic Rock/Rock great, but for pop-punk you might want to throw an OD/Distortion pedal in, depending on how much gain you want.

Err its a

Marshall JCM 900 50w Hi Gain Dual Reverb Model 4501

any suggests on pedals while your at it?
Quote by Ht666
Can JCM900's play stuff like Trivium, Machine Head, Lamb of God etc?

The SL-X model certainly can. However, I can't speak for the Dual Reverb, as I haven't tried one.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Yeah, the 4501's are one of the later models. If you get one of those, I really dont think you'll need a distortion pedal for it, those have more gain that the 2100s. Thing is, the later models dont sound as classic Marshall as the 2100's, but thats up to you to decide if thatsa problem or not.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,