I really don't understand this. When people eat candy, or drink x amount of soda they say they are hyper or have a sugar high. I've never really understood this because it's never happened to me and I seem to think it's all in your head. But I am a laid back guy heh.

Does it happen to any of you?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
give your grandma some mountain dew see what happens
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
the only people that get sugar highs are people that don't smoke pot.. and they aren't really high it's just them thinking they're cool or something for being "high" when they aren't really at all
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by tr3nt
I really don't understand this. When people eat candy, or drink x amount of soda they say they are hyper or have a sugar high. I've never really understood this because it's never happened to me and I seem to think it's all in your head. But I am a laid back guy heh.

Yeah, ive always thought its a bit odd that people get hyper on it.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

Quote by Shredxmyheart
the only people that get sugar highs are people that don't smoke pot.. and they aren't really high it's just them thinking they're cool or something for being "high" when they aren't really at all

Thats what i thought, they always seem to be talking really loud and stuff. I've never smoked pot but I don't do it mmm.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

The only time that happens is when i drink 2 or 3 Bawls energy drinks.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
It's never happened to me, but I've seen it happen to my friends quite a few times. Even just yesterday I had a friend over and she had some pop and candy and was laughing at absolutely nothing and was super hyper.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
i think its just them making an excuse to act like a tool. someone says that they're on a sugar high, wtf is a sugar high!?
PEOPLE! EXCESS OF SUGAR IS NOT A REASON TO ACT LIKE A COMPLETE RETARD!
I never get hyper at all. I've had 3 energy drinks within a couple hours without getting hyper.
Quote by fretsonfire74
i think its just them making an excuse to act like a tool. someone says that they're on a sugar high, wtf is a sugar high!?
PEOPLE! EXCESS OF SUGAR IS NOT A REASON TO ACT LIKE A COMPLETE RETARD!

haha, epic.

Quote by aig91
It's never happened to me, but I've seen it happen to my friends quite a few times.

ditto.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
note:

they are the same tools that down 1 shot of vodka and pretend to be drunk just to get your attention.
i dont... i get "hyper" naturally dont need any sugar.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
let me make you one of my awesome Cuban coffee coladas and I bet you'll be jumpin'
Quote by tr3nt

I heard a "sugar high" is just in your head and it really doesnt give all that much energy to you.
i never get any energy out of energy drinks or soda........
I used to eat 12 packs of polos every day for over a year and I never once had a sugar high

(and yes I still have my teeth, brushing your teeth regularly ftw)
Quote by skaguitarist53
note:

they are the same tools that down 1 shot of vodka and pretend to be drunk just to get your attention.

and the ones that smoke various objects around the house e.g.: sugar, oregano, leaves, grass.. and say how absolutely stoned they are
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
there were some girls on my bus with pixi sticks saying "were gonna get so sugar high lolol!" i mean if that is your mentality going into it you are going to be hyper by excitement. oh yeah midway through one of the girls decided to snort a pixi stick. idiots
Or you could pull a super trooper and drink maple syrup
That'll work for ya

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Soda and candy contain glucose (sugar) which gives your body a burst of energy. Marathon runners will often eat a packet of a gel like substance that contains high amounts of glucose to give them a burst of energy during a race.
Last edited by freshtunes at Feb 4, 2008,