in terms of versatility, id say the strat, but it would be useful if we could have some more info, what kind of covers bands, what genres.

Also what amp do you have?
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
The strat!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
You play in cover bands....or PLAN ON playing in cover bands. If you've been playing long enough to be in a couple different bands, you wouldn't be asking his question.

The strat is the most versatile by far.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I like the washburn personally. It's got coil tap, and IMO it looks way cooler.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Strat I say
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
The Washburn is VERY versatile; the VCC control can get you a whole lot of usable tones.

I would pick that one
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
play the guitar you are most comfortable playing, if you are in a band you must have tried a few.. depending on what you play, style, tone and so on, will govern what you buy..

The strat is very versatile ..
No one in there right mind would say the strat isnt the most versatile
guitar here
Quote by WiNteRls
No one in there right mind would say the strat isnt the most versatile
guitar here

Play the Washburn and you might change your mind...

I'm not a big fan of the humbucker that Fender throws in its Fat Strats. Weak and thin sounding.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I play mostly metal though thats the thing that im concerned about and know i havant tried many guitars i mainly just use my squire strat.
Then definitely get the Washburn
Quote by utsapp89
Strat in my opinion. They fit any style of music, more versitile and are probly less expensive...plus BC Rich look rank =P
BC Rich are the LEAST versatile guitars I've ever played. Provided I haven't played any super high end ones, but the ones upto about $700 I've hated, so the more expensive ones may be different. As for versatility, if you really need to go versatile to the point of not knowing if one day you'll be playing jazz and the next heavy metal, you gotta go with the Fender. May not be the prettiest distortion you'll ever find, but it can do it.
I'm a biased LP bastard but Strats are certainly versatile and that one is a beauty
I'd go with the Washburn if I were picking from just those three. Mostly though it depends on what you plan on covering...
the strat
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join