Anyone know of any indie rock bands that vocalise in spanish? If they sound like Cake or Arctic Monkeys that would be a great bonus.

Thanks.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
I found that they were Swedish... and they sing in English anyway.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
So there is none?

This gives me an idea...
Well, I suppose the latin community takes a while to catch up, right now there's like a gazillion emo-ish bands, two years ago there where barely a few.
Dude try a band called Jesse Bulbo. The don't sound like the arctic monkeys though... More like mariachi music meet the ramones... or some other weird fusion. They sound cool. Check out Maldito.
Maldito doesn't sound half bad. Hopefully they'll get picked up by somebody.
i know spanish indie bands, but none of them sounds like AM or Cake... Grabba Grabba Tape is awesome, as is Tokyo Sex Destruction.

oh and i wouldn't listen to indie sang in spanish. spanish is an awfull language
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Go get Chriss Sutherland's album 'Me in a field'. Its only partially Spanish, but a fantastic album. Folky kind of stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/chrisssutherland
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by sponj
i know spanish indie bands, but none of them sounds like AM or Cake... Grabba Grabba Tape is awesome, as is Tokyo Sex Destruction.

oh and i wouldn't listen to indie sang in spanish. spanish is an awfull language

I meant Spanish as in lyrical content, but those bands weren't half bad.
then it depends. i hate rock sang in spanish, it sounds so dumb. calm, acoustic music is cool in spanish, i like when devendra sings in spanish per example
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I've been trying to write a few songs in Spanish, but I'm so terribly inept at that language.

And sponj, isn't Spanish like, really similar to Portuguese?
Quote by sponj
then it depends. i hate rock sang in spanish, it sounds so dumb. calm, acoustic music is cool in spanish, i like when devendra sings in spanish per example

Yeah, devendra sure has some weird stuff, but I definitely dig it when he sings in spanish.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
don't be f*king ignorant people, spanish isn't same to the portuguese, and Mando Diao is from Sweden. i can meant 3 good indie-spanish speak: "LOS DYNAMITE", "ZOE" (both from Mexico), "INMIGRANTES" (from Argentina), and "LA LUNAR" (from Colombia).
well, theres really no spanish indie that sounds like those bands (atleast that i know of). Maybe try Jumbo?
Also zoe and porter, even though theyre more on the electronish side of indie.
Quote by garage_kid
don't be f*king ignorant people, spanish isn't same to the portuguese,

No one said they were the same language. I asked if they were similar. Read the post properly.
there are tons!

my favorites being:

Natalia y la Forquetina
los abandoned
Babasónicos
Plastilina Mosh
Zoe
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Wow, thanks! Natalie y La Forquetina and Zoe were the best ones I heard.
Cafe Tacvba
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
Finding these CDs has been fun so far....