#1
I don't know if im just stupid or if this is a problem but here goes. the bridge of my jazz has an electric current running through it. I rested my arm on it yesterday and i thought it was cutting me so I felt it with my fingers to see if it was sharp and it wasnt. so held my wrist to it and it was shocking me. The current was weak but it still hurt. i turned off my amp and pulled out the cable and it didn't shock me anymore.
now i'm afraid to switch my flat-wound strings to rotosounds. Is this supposed to happen?
#2
Quote by matt-attack
I don't know if im just stupid or if this is a problem but here goes. the bridge of my jazz has an electric current running through it. I rested my arm on it yesterday and i thought it was cutting me so I felt it with my fingers to see if it was sharp and it wasnt. so held my wrist to it and it was shocking me. The current was weak but it still hurt. i turned off my amp and pulled out the cable and it didn't shock me anymore.
now i'm afraid to switch my flat-wound strings to rotosounds. Is this supposed to happen?

No, your bass is NOT supposed to shock you. Have the wiring checked immediately.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...


Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.


Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
#3
Yeah, that's not good. Sounds like a major grounding problem, have a shop check that out as soon as you can.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."


#4
Quote by aprilfool2112
Yeah, that's not good. Sounds like a major grounding problem, have a shop check that out as soon as you can.

would the ground switch on my amp help?
#5
Quote by matt-attack
would the ground switch on my amp help?

Maybe, is it a ground lift switch? If it's on, try switching it off and see if it helps, it shouldn't hurt anything. But I think the problem is probably with the bass; most basses have a ground wire running to the bridge or something else.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."


#6
i tried it again just now and nothing happend so i think i've got some loose wires on the inside.
#9
a UG Bass regular posted this helpful site.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
just enter your bass type, and it'll show the wiring diagram for that bass.
as Jazzy mentioned, it sounds like a grounding issue. have it looked at, or do some research, and fix it yourself. BE AWARE! that coming into contact with another grounded source of power, such as a microphone, could give you a SERIOUS shock!!
have it fixed ASAP.