yo guys, i have a fender squier p-bass, and it's real old, and I'm thinking of buying a new bass, but i don't know which one. I'm on a tight budget, but I'm thinking of a six string (unless if you convince me not too) bass that has really good playing quality (like if it slaps good, if poping sounds rich). like I'm preety good tallent wise, like i can play yyz by riush and vital signs, and the test that stumped them all, by a band i forgot. any recomendations??
Work on your grammar and look at a Jazz Bass
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Fender Jazz bases are good if you're more into slpa and pop stuff, and good for fingerstyle as well. But if suggest a 5 string. Its just my preferance, unless your really absolutely need that high string. Another bass might be a schecter, but try them out at the store, because some peo-ple like them and some dont, while I don't like schecter basses, just because It doesn't fit me personally, I do recomend them because for the price they are very good basses. Good luck.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
The Peavey grind six string is a pretty cheap, but nice bass.Though I havent tried It for slap.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by bassbrotha
...and the test that stumped them all, by a band i forgot.

That band would be Dream Theater.

What's your price range? It's hard to recommend a bass without one. If you want a six string, I would look into Ibanez, Yamaha, and Schecter. I've been impressed with the quality of my schecter, and I've liked most of the mid-range and up Ibanezes and Yamahas I've played. If I were you, I'd check out what models these companies offer as six-strings, and head on over to a music store and try them out. If they don't have a six string version, try a four or five string version of the same bass.

Of course, if I had a lot of money, I would buy a Warwick hands down.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Quote by aprilfool2112

Of course, if I had a lot of money, I would buy a Warwick hands down.

Do this. Firstly, they have a lot of their range with 5 and 6 string versions as standard.

Secondly, they sound and play great.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
+1 for the price range. I mean, everyone wants a good playing bass on a very low budget. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for in music - there are so many musicians that there are absolutely no secrets anymore. A $100 bass is going to suck and a $1500 bass is going to be wonderful.

And, for the love of God, please don't come back with a Rondobass link asking "is this one any good?" *insert link to $130 6-string*
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If you're on a budget, I'd suggest the Ibanez SR506

It's pretty affordable for a 6 stringer round my area (about £500, and the UK gets ripped off for equipment) it has good pick ups, great sound and looks a treat

here's a link to the offical Ibanez website, go take a look maybe?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
just hit all the music shops and try every damn bass untill you fall in love.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E