Well, I was looking around for amps (mostly half-stacks) and I was looking into a Marshall MG half stack. I have an MG combo amp right now, and I am rather pleased with it. Nothing too bad, but nothing special.

Okay, so, I was looking on Musician's Friend, and the reviews and ratings were all great. But, then I looked on YouTube for some videos of people playing on the amp, and all the comments were horrible. So, what's the amp really like?

If it is bad, what's something better in the same price range?
live to play live
not again...

>.<

dont get the half stack. you can get a tube combo amp that is plenty louder and better sounding for around the same price.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
not again...

>.<

dont get the half stack. you can get a tube combo amp that is plenty louder and better sounding for around the same price.

+1

EDIT: Check out Peavey Classic 30, Randall RG50TC, Peavey Valveking and Fender Hot Rod.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
What genres do you play and what is your price range?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Don't get the MG half stack dude. It is really nothing compared to a tube amp. If you put it side by side with a tube amp you will be wondering why you ever wanted the MG in the first place.
Let me explain this way. I got my Marshall JCM 900 tube combo for LESS than the MG halfstack and it absolutely kills it. Though the JCM 900 may not be suited to your style I'm sure there is something out there that will be.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by ALittlesEnough
Almost all styles of rock and around 500.

What bands' tones are closest to the ones you want to make?

"Rock" is pretty general.

Just to emphasize a point previous made, the MG Half Stack is a colossal waste of money and was only created to lure in people who don't know anything about guitars, amps, and tone.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
jesus h christ, what's up with all the MG posts lately. it's been established, the worst possible way to spend your money is to buy an MG half stack. bleeddeathmetal has given a great example of some good amps, if you MUST buy a halfstack, look into the peavey windsor, it's a decent copy(sortof) of a marshall jcm 800. i think B-52 amps are pretty decent as well
Quote by Chad11491
jesus h christ, what's up with all the MG posts lately. it's been established, the worst possible way to spend your money is to buy an MG half stack. bleeddeathmetal has given a great example of some good amps, if you MUST buy a halfstack, look into the peavey windsor, it's a decent copy(sortof) of a marshall jcm 800. i think B-52 amps are pretty decent as well

Almost everytthing is decent compared to the MG.

Quote by ALittlesEnough

Better, but still pointless. You don't need a half stack.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Stay away from the MG's, I have one that I use as a stand for my speakers. Get a peavey classic 30 or something for Gods Sake.

You want tubes in the Pre amp and power amp sections on an amp ok.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
you're basically gonna want to be looking at any of these amps. don't bother with any halfstacks or mg's or anything.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/tube-guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+338503
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
check out the palomino v32, it's a great combo that's in the same size, price, and tonal range of the peavey classics and fender hot rods
doesn't anyone use the search button anymore these days....

*sigh*
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.