So after 2 years, my Creative Zen nano 512mb died

Any suggestions for a new MP3 player? I only need 2-4 GB of storage, and I'd like to keep it under $150.
4GB Zune for $150, Creative Zen 4GB for like $120, it's IMO a better player, however I've heard LOTS of problems with the 8GB (software problems, randomly not working, etc.), so you'd need to do your own research on the 4GB.

EDIT: $160 will get you a Cowon D2, if you want a touchscreen, 4GB iPod Nano for $150, you have lots of options.
Last edited by Habit Zero at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
zen v or zen stone plus.

the zen stone plus comes in 2gb and 4gb, is literally tiny and ultra cheap.

Yeah, I have the 4 gig, and it's awesome. It's basically an iPod without the touch scrolling. My sister has the 2 gig, but has problems with it loading and such, for it apparently freezes. That's never happened with mine though, even though I have only had it for a week.
get a ipod nano, never meet someone who doesnt think it looks good, itunes is the easiest software to use IMO, and it is a simple MP3 to sue and its cheap,,,, or if you wana more storage, like 8GB, you can just go to a random electrics shop and im guessing they will still have the old nano's left/ old video ipods, and you can pick one of them up cheap and they still are reli good!
iPods aren't exactly known for their audio quality though. Doesn't matter, I s'pose, if you aren't an audiophile, but I feel I should still point that out.
Quote by DashBlaster
Yeah, I have the 4 gig, and it's awesome. It's basically an iPod without the touch scrolling. My sister has the 2 gig, but has problems with it loading and such, for it apparently freezes. That's never happened with mine though, even though I have only had it for a week.

I bought my gf a 2gb zen stone for xmas and she's had no trouble.

tell your sister to see if theres a firmware update on tghe zen site, might fix her issues.
Quote by callum2903
get a ipod nano, never meet someone who doesnt think it looks good, itunes is the easiest software to use IMO, and it is a simple MP3 to sue and its cheap,,,, or if you wana more storage, like 8GB, you can just go to a random electrics shop and im guessing they will still have the old nano's left/ old video ipods, and you can pick one of them up cheap and they still are reli good!

most zen doesn't require additional software, drag and drop your files via explorer.
I like the new Sonys. Red/black colour, looks pro. Good sound quality, drag and drop too.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Quote by Habit Zero
iPods aren't exactly known for their audio quality though. Doesn't matter, I s'pose, if you aren't an audiophile, but I feel I should still point that out.

Audio quality is more about the bitrate and the headphones you use, not so much the player.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Audio quality is more about the bitrate and the headphones you use, not so much the player.

That's true. Some players can convert the bitrate signals better than others.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster