Page 1 of 3
for me it is Laid to Rest by Lamb of God, it seems so hard, i've been teaching myself how to play for only 4 months though. what about you?
Probably stairway to heave, but i've only been playing a few months as well, and i don't have a double neck lol
ALL HAIL DETHKLOK UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!
Quote by TooFast
I'd drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

Add Me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/allannoe
Summertime(Joplin version). I've only been playing for a month and few days so my fingers aren't that quick and agile yet. Not now...but soon!
Well I might catch hell for this but oh well. The song that I want to learn to play is Canon Rock. I don't wanna post any videos of myself playing it on youtube or anything like that . I just wanna learn to play the song. It is the song that inspired me to pick up the guitar. There is something about it that is just inspiring to me. I've only been playing a little over two months and i think i have made decent progress but I'm aware that it is sadly going to take years of practice before i can even start thinking about canon rock.
Quote by MiniMoose22031
Probably stairway to heave, but i've only been playing a few months as well, and i don't have a double neck lol

same here...
but u donty need a duble neck to play it i can play whole intro
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird. I've learned to play them both (slowly).
Moltey Crue - Wild Side

haven't really started on it a whole lot.....only been playing a month

and

Rainbow In The Dark - Dio
Stairway to Heaven :]
jsut started it, im practicing the intro as well as the chord part where Plant goes "ooooh makes me wonder..." and its rlly not too hard, altho i kno im deff not good enuf to tackle the solo just yet :/

and no, u deff dobnt need a double neck, so just give it a try
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
embryonic journey -jefferson airplane
that **** is hard
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
ever since I started, I wanted to play Welcome to the Jungle. That song was the reason I started playing the guitar. Now I'm pretty close (I have the capability, I just have to actually LEARN it, you know?) I also really wanted to learn Hangar 18, but I'm far from that level and I've developed a bluesier style anyway.
Bridge to Nowhere- Sam Roberts
I Will Follow You Into The Dark- Death Cab For Cutie

Those were the two songs that inspired me to buy an acoustic. Once I learned barre chords six months later, I could play them flawlessly But now I've moved on to 'Angeles' by Elliott Smith....I don't think I'll ever be able to pick like that.
basicly any fall of troy song and i can play FCPREMIX now so i guess im semi happy still cant get it at full speed though
Hmmmm.....well, today, I decided to start on some Dio. I'm learning "Last In Line", and am now to the lead solo.
I wanted to learn the Crazy Train intro (check) and Master of Puppets (mostly check, I haven't learned the solos.)

I can't think of anything else that I was like "OMG MUST LEARN" when I first started playing.
hmm probably beast and the harlot been playing for 6 months been trying for like a week and have learned the intro, verse, pre chorus, and chorus.
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Man, so many to list when I started, but I've learned pretty much everything that I wanted to back then.... Among the first ones I really wanted to learn were Bron-Y-aur Stomp by Zeppelin, and No More Tears by Ozzy...but that was a long long time ago in a basement far far away

Now, I can't go long at all without wanting to learn a song.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 5, 2008,
ocean by john butler trio
i could play most of it if i wasnt a complete tigtarse and boutght myself a capo
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Cavatina by John Williams (Theme from the deer hunter). Such an amazing song to play, and so hard!! (I think!)
One. I can play the intro and the first solo, but the tapping parts discourage me at times.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
i would have to say The Trooper by Iron Maiden, after that i wanted to do Eruption by Van Halen. I couldnt learn it, for obvious reasons, but its fun to dream.
Quote by rockadoodle
Well I might catch hell for this but oh well. The song that I want to learn to play is Canon Rock. I don't wanna post any videos of myself playing it on youtube or anything like that . I just wanna learn to play the song. It is the song that inspired me to pick up the guitar. There is something about it that is just inspiring to me. I've only been playing a little over two months and i think i have made decent progress but I'm aware that it is sadly going to take years of practice before i can even start thinking about canon rock.

you'd be surprised. a lot of the song isn't that bad. once you get you're power chords down and learn the three main finger shapes for the various modal scales well (try learning the major scale with the 3 note per string pattern and look at the 3 different finger patterns you use), you could play most of that song without much bother. Only exception being some of the sweeping parts. But I've seen people who've only been playing for about 2 years playing some amazing things that are much harder than Canon Rock. As long as you practice regulary (preferably with a metronome) you could learn to play it in a relatively short time.
Yeah, about 2 years ago when i started guitar, that was one of my main inspirations for the guitar. Back then i thought it was impossible and that it will take me around 4-5 years. So far i have nailed almost the entire song very good except for the sweeping parts which i still need to work on them. The main riff with the power chords is quite easy if you pay attention
Tapping the organ part to Highway Star.
Key to the City by Tony MacAlpine.
Four Seasons by Vivaldi.
Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony.
End of the Beginning by Jason Becker/Michael Lee Firkins.
Bold As Love
Little Wing SRV and Jimi Version
Voodoo Child SRV and Jimi Version
wat
Hangar 18 by megadeth. I got the most rhytms down but not even close to do any solo. :/
If I must pick one,then Beyond The Realms Of Death,Glen's solo.Luckily I learnt it.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
About to Crash (Reprise), one of the tracks of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, by Dream Theater. I love everything about that song.
Page 1 of 3