I was thinking about just recording some stuff onto my computer, and I was wondering what sort of equipment I could use to mic my amp that would take it to my computer. Is there any sort of USB type device that would achieve this? I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, but I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.
Lexicon Omega audio interface. For $200 you can get the interface and Cubase LE to record into. Up to 4 inputs simultaneous, (2) xlr and (2) 1/4" or (4) 1/4", phatom power, USB out, etc. All you need is a mic and cable on top of that and you're good to go.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
And actually, now that I think of it, Lexicon makes 2 cheaper models with less inputs if thats still too expensive.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
dude, get a mic from radioshack or w/e that goes into the usb jack. download audacity for free. enjoy
(signature removed, please choose another)
M-box w/ Pro Tools is better quality, but more expensive and slightly less user friendly.

Audacity is great for free but doesn't have the features of Cubase and definently not of Pro Tools. Plus don't expect great quality from a radio shack mic.

Lexicon Omega is somewhere in the middle.

It all just depends on how much you want to spend. I'd also recommend getting a nice Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic with whatever interface you chose.
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Budget ? I know you said cheap, but it really helps to have a rough idea.
There is poetry in despair.
Grab an old Tascam Portastudio cassette recorder. It will give you better quality recordings than any computer system under $700.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation