Hi. I am a guitarist with about 3 years of experience (lessons, gigs, writing). I play alternative rock, classic rock, punk, rock, metal, and well...any rock.

Looking for a 3rd guitar.
$450-$800
Any brand.
(set neck)

Any suggestions?
gretschs are absolutely lovely.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i have a hagstrom super swede and they are amazing well worth the money and they fit into ur budget. if you can find a dealer id highly recommend one
Quote by captain_jack
Look into Schecters. They make some really great guitars. The various C-1 models are my favorites.

This man speaks the truth. Schecters within the same price range will knock almost any guitar out of the water. Great necks, usually equipped with EMG's (the good ones, not the **** HZ ones) and nice thick sounds. Maybe not like a $2k PRS or Gibson, but the sound has much more body than an ibanez.
Quote by devin_g94
and thats a metal/alt rock guitar?

there's honestly no such thing as an alt rock guitar. a good guitarist should be able to make anything sound his or her own.

i own that model and it's fantastic for everything.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by mikedm92
This man speaks the truth. Schecters within the same price range will knock almost any guitar out of the water. Great necks, usually equipped with EMG's (the good ones, not the **** HZ ones) and nice thick sounds. Maybe not like a $2k PRS or Gibson, but the sound has much more body than an ibanez.

I would like to **** on your comment sir by saying my Ibanez S sounds a whole lot heavier and warmer and basically more tonefull than my friends schector.

I also prefer my neck =].

I will say however that the SA series should deff be avoided cus that is some badddd apples LOL
An esp/ltd. I've played the schecters and epiphones and everything. They are amazing. Every usual shape from the Eclipse=les paul, ex=explorer, viper=sg in great finishes and either duncans or emgs. Im so happy with mine. They are amazing.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by devin_g94
Hi. I am a guitarist with about 3 years of experience (lessons, gigs, writing). I play alternative rock, classic rock, punk, rock, metal, and well...any rock.

Looking for a 3rd guitar.
$450-$800
Any brand.
(set neck)

Any suggestions?

The Perfect guitar? One that cooks and cleans.

On a serious note, check out the Ibanez SZ series guitars or maybe an HSS Stratocaster.

Quote by Spider22
An esp/ltd. I've played the schecters and epiphones and everything. They are amazing. Every usual shape from the Eclipse=les paul, ex=explorer, viper=sg in great finishes and either duncans or emgs. Im so happy with mine. They are amazing.

EX = Bastardized, ugly Explorer offspring that should take back what it's done to my virgin eyes!

I kid!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i'm pretty much a noob but i think you should set aside like one day and go to a crapload of guitar stores and try out every guitar of any price up to 800 bucks (maybe i'm spoiled cause here in vegas there are 3 gc's and a sam ash and 4 or 5 small shops)

but the otherday i was at guitar center for like 3 or 4 hours just to try their **** and i tried so much stuff realy expensive gibbies and prs and i fell in love with the neck on one specific MIM HSS Fender Strat... the neck was just... so perfect... i never would have suspected it...

just my 2 cents, good luck
Quote by LeeSmellyFinger
I would like to **** on your comment sir by saying my Ibanez S sounds a whole lot heavier and warmer and basically more tonefull than my friends schector.

I also prefer my neck =].

I will say however that the SA series should deff be avoided cus that is some badddd apples LOL

Dunno where did you get the idea that the SA series are bad but that's definitely wrong. The SAs are very versatile.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Edwards or Burny's with the VH-1 pickups. MIJ try something different
PS3