well guys, i have recently picked up the electric guitar (i"m all about bass man), but i am having trouble on my tremblo picking, i always get caught on the strings and i dunno what to do. i have tried a whole bunch of diffrent picks (i use 0.50mm), and they helped, but i still can't get it right. i need to be able to play real fast picking songs, like jesus and tori by the number twelve looks like you, i can play everything in that song, exept the tremblo picks. any ideas??
Use thicker picks. If the picks are too light then they'll get caught easier. Try using 0.88.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
i have but i find they are a lot worse, i'm just asking for general hand movement or something, but i'll try it again
I don't know if this will help you or not, but That was happening to me and I recently discover if you tilt your pick a lil forward it may help or tilt it to the the right or left, that helps to, and I hoped this helped at least a lil bit, good luck and hope you get it!
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

or try the dunlop tortex 1.14. they are pretty good to me. i have my Ibanez RG350EX
one question: what guitar do u have?? cause it's also important...
Quote by naxo_udec
what guitar do u have?? cause it's also important...

No, it isn't. For the last time there is not such thing as a 'shred' guitar, there are guitars some people like and there are guitars other people like but all are capable of shred I guarantee.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.