Page 1 of 2
I'm against people not being able to spell totally

The question for me is if it's worth it for Against Me and The Bouncing Souls
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Nothing I hate more than "I'm new here, so I'll ask questions instead of lurking."

We all love Warped Tour here. It is a fantastic music festival for real punk bands.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
my bad i was just wondering, didnt mean to sound bad.
yeah idk bouncing souls are great and the vandals are tight
Why are you against it?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
oh im not against it, i just wanted other peoples opinions. i think its great, but obviosuly its declined as the years have gone on, as far as band selection imo
It sucks. Not because of the band selection, but because of the atmosphere, the abundance of stupid kids, the heat, the dust, the expense, the corporate sponsorship, the length of time one has to spend there, the shortness of the bands' sets...

...and the band selection too I guess. Even if I liked the bands though, I would still hate it.
Oh yeah sorry, but yeah most people here dislike it because they don't have metal bands playing. Going to Warped is one of my 'things to do before I die'.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
yeah the short sets, crappy food, and dust sucks
but some good bands make it worth while, even if it is 20 minutes
its like a compilation cd =P
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Oh yeah sorry, but yeah most people here dislike it because they don't have metal bands playing. Going to Warped is one of my 'things to do before I die'.

haha its all good, its definitely an experience. but it does get extremely hot there, and it doesnt help that water is like 6 dollars
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Oh yeah sorry, but yeah most people here dislike it because they don't have metal bands playing.

That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You fail at life.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
in Milwaukee its kickass. last year they had Underoath, Escape the Fate, Chiodos, Killswitch Engage(stfu the metal arent they) and lots of other good bands
Quote by theshroomman
yeah the short sets, crappy food, and dust sucks
but some good bands make it worth while, even if it is 20 minutes
its like a compilation cd =P

Not worth $50, spending a day in some remote disgusting racetrack full of idiots, or selling my soul to vans.

That being said, I went when AFI played because I'm willing to put up with a lot of **** for them, and I went last year because my sister and her friend wanted to go.
Quote by axeslash
That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You fail at life.

So you disagree with the notion that most people on UG like metal and not pop punk?
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Let's all stop posting for a few minutes until this thread drops off the main page and all the people who have never set foot in the punk forum in their life, nor ever will again go away.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
So you disagree with the notion that most people on UG like metal and not pop punk?
On UG yes

In the Punk forum (where this thread is) no
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I love warped tour.

I get to see bands that usually don't tour around my area, and I usually find out about great bands there as well.

I have to say though, it was ****ed up that they were giving away the lost energy drinks but not even having a hose for water. That **** ****ed me up that day...

EDIT: and I don't see why everyone's saying it was $50. I only paid $30 and it was through ticketmaster with the commission charges and whatnot.

Hell, even if, you're paying 50 bucks to see 50+ bands. If that's not a good deal I don't know what is.
Quote by LysolIsTasty
I love warped tour.

I get to see bands that usually don't tour around my area, and I usually find out about great bands there as well.

I have to say though, it was ****ed up that they were giving away the lost energy drinks but not even having a hose for water. That **** ****ed me up that day...

EDIT: and I don't see why everyone's saying it was $50. I only paid $30 and it was through ticketmaster with the commission charges and whatnot.

Hell, even if, you're paying 50 bucks to see 50+ bands. If that's not a good deal I don't know what is.

I don't like participating in a band-watching marathon. It's difficult, and not fun.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like participating in a band-watching marathon. It's difficult, and not fun.

I can see what you mean.

But then again, that's what all music festivals are like.
the last time i went it was about $30+ around $5 in ticket master fees + a few $3 waters + gas money so it ended up being around $50 for me and I'm sure that's it's gone up again

and then you usually only see 6 bands at most so it isn't really a great deal. I can see shows in town with 5 bands on the bill for less than $10
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
the last time i went it was about $30+ around $5 in ticket master fees + a few $3 waters + gas money so it ended up being around $50 for me and I'm sure that's it's gone up again

and then you usually only see 6 bands at most so it isn't really a great deal. I can see shows in town with 5 bands on the bill for less than $10

I guess it's all a matter of preference. There's usually 10+ bands on the bill that I like, than more that are good enough for me to stick around and listen to.
**** the warped tour. the only reason i go is because i dont have to pay for it.

if you wanna get in for free all you have to do is make a copy of your friend's ticket and get there real early before they scan the tickets. they'll just rip your ticket so you'll get in for free.You can even make some money by selling some!

edit: i always do this,i usually print 10 or 15 tickets and i sell them for 10$ each, then i proceed to buy beers with the money.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Last edited by vlp_dope at Feb 5, 2008,
I love warped tour, ill never forget seeing the offsring in 05, and seeing the bouncing souls in 06, didn't go last year
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
what are you people complaining about...
i would do anything to travel across two continents over to go warped tour
Quote by Chaise Boogie
You guys are so hateful.

Makes me sad.

Guys. Guys. We made him sad. Now, in the spirit of punk rock, let's all step up and apologize, since punk rock is about always considering people's feelings before anything else.
Quote by recklessnick
what are you people complaining about...
i would do anything to travel across two continents over to go warped tour

Damn straight. $50 is nothing. Soundwave and Big Day Out over here are both $120+ just for tickets. Harden the **** up as Chopper would say.
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Insubordination Fest + The Fests in Gainesville > Warped Tour
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by axeslash
Guys. Guys. We made him sad. Now, in the spirit of punk rock, let's all step up and apologize, since punk rock is about always considering people's feelings before anything else.

Don't give me your punk rock whatever sarcasm. I know you could care less.

Here's a funny face for you=
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Don't give me your punk rock whatever sarcasm. I know you could care less.

Here's a funny face for you=

Here's a funnier face.
Quote by llanafreak44
All but like 4 bands suck. I'm not paying 40$ to watch ****ty metal core.

i definatly agree, too many emo and Xcore bands.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i definatly agree, too many emo and Xcore bands.

Yeah but you're just looking at the headliners. There are usually several decent punk and ska bands that don't play the main stages. I agree that its over priced but i dissagree with the thought that there are only a few bands that are actually good.

Every year i go i figure out the bands i want to see, and whenever i have free time i can usually wander around and find a decent band that i can pass my time watching. But maybe thats just me.
Page 1 of 2