I just got a new Ibanez SAS32FM and I'm lovin' it. The only thing that bothers me are the pups. The guitar is made of mahogany, it's a set-in neck... I'm looking for something with high output and sounds heavy and full when I palm mute ( bridge pup) and a clearer, more warm sound when playing cleans (neck pup). Does anyone have any suggestions on what pups to put in?
I don't really think there's anything wrong with the stock ones IMHO. Do you want a brighter sound as well as tighter? I'd recommend the Dimarzio Super 3 for heavier music. Check out the Fred for the neck pickup. If you want something a bit geared towards the higher gain settings, check out the D-Activator or the Breed.

If you want to go active, I've heard good things about the Seymour Duncan Blackouts. I haven't spent much time with them so I can't say much.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Breeds are a good choice. Really versatile, some of Dimarzio's most versatile pups. Great for mahogany. I'm getting my S470 back with them installed on friday.
I think in the bridge of a mahogany guitar you use a breed neck pick up for the bridge.

you could also try a d-sonic in the bridge.
Quote by jake911
I think in the bridge of a mahogany guitar you use a breed neck pick up for the bridge.

you could also try a d-sonic in the bridge.

You could, but I like the bass response better on the bridge pickup. The bridge pickup has a bigger mid range hump too methinks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by FRDesign
The Breeds were deigned for Basswood.

Well! It doesn't mean they won't sound good in other guitars though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by FRDesign
The Breeds were deigned for Basswood.
And they rape anus in mahogany!