I'm moving out soon, as I sorely despise one of my flat mates. I'll be moving in with the bass player of my band who's moving home from uni. We decided we want to get a place where our band can rehearse to save us the £48 a week we've been spending on rehearsal rooms lately.

The question I want to ask you is - Where would be the best place to rehearse in a house? We are considering places with a cellar, attic or garage... with due sound proofing ofcourse.

The problem is it's probably going to be a terraced house, and I don't know how far sound proofing can go. We're willing to spend up to £1000 on it, but I'm beginning to doubt we can get a place with a garage. So, would sound proofing an attic or cellar be enough in a mid terraced house?

P.S. We don't play all that loud, but I don't want to one day piss off the neighbors or landlord and put to waste the extra money we're paying for a cellar etc...
Have the instruments spread around the house.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
lol thats hillarious! yea bass in the cellar drums in the attic and guitar in the kitchen lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by albinokrikit
lol thats hillarious! yea bass in the cellar drums in the attic and guitar in the kitchen lol

Guitar amp goes in the bathroom.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
id go with cellar man, thats where my friends and i practice and jam all the time, it doesnt seem to be too horrible with noise for neighbors, or even most of the rest of the house ^__^
I breathe air.
It'd never work in the attic, probs not enough space, and there's just bare bricks between the next houses, the sound would leak very easily, even with sound proofing.