Ok posted another Vavleking sound clip. Brightened up the distortion a bit and added some clean clips with harmonics. Harmonics and solo from metallica. The clip is all over the place so you might have to play with the volume didnt have time to sit down and really take my time with it and remember is recored from a mic from my laptop so its not studio quality. And dont bust my ass to bad on the solo and Sanitarium intro i was just throwing something up for a sound test... lol

Heres the lay out, quick clean single note improve... Sanitarium Intro... distortion improve and then Slow Metallica solo at end...
i like the tone, what settings are you using? is it a 212 or a 112?
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Ok posted another Vavleking sound clip. Brightened up the distortion a bit and added some clean clips with harmonics. Harmonics and solo from metallica. The clip is all over the place so you might have to play with the volume didnt have time to sit down and really take my time with it and remember is recored from a mic from my laptop so its not studio quality. And dont bust my ass to bad on the solo and Sanitarium intro i was just throwing something up for a sound test... lol

Heres the lay out, quick clean single note improve... Sanitarium Intro... distortion improve and then Slow Metallica solo at end...

Were you in drop D for Sanitarium or something? It sounded a bit off. Pretty cool anyways. I think you should roll back the gain a bit though. Then again, I'm more of a clean metal gain guy anyways.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by The red Strat.
^ clean... metal ?

I like my metal tone to have more omph and punch instead of cranking my gain. My metal tone right now consists of a gain knob set a bit past flat and EQing.

Edit: The concept doesn't seem as cool on 'paper'
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Were you in drop D for Sanitarium or something? It sounded a bit off. Pretty cool anyways. I think you should roll back the gain a bit though. Then again, I'm more of a clean metal gain guy anyways.

Very good ear sir.... Yea i was in Drop D didn't have the time to unlock the nut and mess with the tunning.

And the gain setting was for the folks wondering how much gain they can get out of there valveking so i cranked to 8 before it got really muddy. Usually i adjust to whatever im playing so the recordings are gonna be off. The settings i was using were, gain button pushed in and guitar plugged into number 1 input (high gain input) also it was scooped mids 10 treble 0 mids 10 Bass. I just mixed in some Metallica so people can compare it and see how much headroom it has. And the clean portion was so i can make sure my guitar was still in tune...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Very good ear sir.... Yea i was in Drop D didn't have the time to unlock the nut and mess with the tunning.

And the gain setting was for the folks wondering how much gain they can get out of there valveking so i cranked to 8 before it got really muddy. Usually i adjust to whatever im playing so the recordings are gonna be off. The settings i was using were, gain button pushed in and guitar plugged into number 1 input (high gain input) also it was scooped mids 10 treble 0 mids 10 Bass. I just mixed in some Metallica so people can compare it and see how much headroom it has. And the clean portion was so i can make sure my guitar was still in tune...

That's cool. You think you could do one for me? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these. Try the Bass at 7, the middle at 10 and the treble at 5. Put the gain at about 6 or 7 and engage the boost. Put your tubescreamer in front of the amp with the level at full, the gain at about 8 or 9 o' clock and the tone flat.

I understand if you don't have any time or something.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's cool. You think you could do one for me? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these. Try the Bass at 7, the middle at 10 and the treble at 5. Put the gain at about 6 or 7 and engage the boost. Put your tubescreamer in front of the amp with the level at full, the gain at about 8 or 9 o' clock and the tone flat.

I understand if you don't have any time or something.

Ill see what i can do, I've got a little bit of spare time before its to late so i dont piss off the neighbors.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Ill see what i can do, I've got a little bit of spare time before its to late so i dont piss off the neighbors.

Thanks a bunch dude! This pretty much saves me some gas money and a long haul to a very distracting guitar store. I swear every time I walk into one I want something new!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thanks a bunch dude! This pretty much saves me some gas money and a long haul to a very distracting guitar store. I swear every time I walk into one I want something new!

Ok put your sound clip up. Check it out...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Ok put your sound clip up. Check it out...

Thanks! I'll check it right now.

EDIT: Jeez! That's actually quite impressive sounding! I'm leaning on picking one up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Wow I know were hounding you here but can you put up a clip (doesnt have to be right now) with those same settings that H4T3 asked for, but with the Treble at 8 and without the tubescreamer? If you dont wanna do it I understand =) Sounds nice btw.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted