This past weekend I bought a Peavey ValveKing 112 along with a footswitch for gain and boost. When I went to plug the footswitch in once, I accidentally plugged it into the speaker jack (you'll understand if you have a ValveKing). I realized my mistake when I figured out that each time I strummed, the gain light on the footswitch went on. Now that its in the right jack, the boost doesn't work. The gain switch works perfectly, but the boost does nothing. The light doesn't go on, the boost doesn't go on.
My question is, can the footswitch be repaired or do I need to replace it?
You may aswell just replace it.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Better off replacing it. By the way SurfinWithSatch, how did you manage to get stung twice by the Marshall MG!?
Quote by greggybhoy
Better off replacing it. By the way SurfinWithSatch, how did you manage to get stung twice by the Marshall MG!?

Lol second person today to ask that.
Well the 15watt was my first amp, just for practice you know, and I didn't develop a tonal ear with it (how can you with an MG). The halfstack is another story. The other guitarist in my band has/had been playing 3 years longer than me (at the time of purchase I'd been playing about 1.5 years, him 4.5 - 5) and I trusted his judgement on amps, and he said that he had played the MG half stack and that it was really good. Of course being naive and stupid I took his advice and bought it blind (what are friends for ). So anyway, I get it home but due to work and such I didn't have chance to play it properly until about 2 weeks after buying it. Of course I plug it in and hated it immediately, I tried taken it back but they wouldn't have it back. It was then I decided it was time to find out what is what about amps and guitars etc so that is what I did for a year or so before buying the JCM900 combo which I now own a few weeks ago.

However there is some good news, the other guy owns an MG halfstack aswell but has a 1960B as his cab, he wants to give me £100 AND his 1960B cab for my MG cab because he is the 1960B is too big lol........I'm receiving with open arms
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15