Alright, so I'm still using the crappy lunchbox Squier SP-10 that came with my Squier Strat. I need a new, better amp for $200 or less. I need something that will help give my strat the desired bluesy (Clapton-esque/Santana-esque) clean, strong tone. Also, I like heavy rock and metal, so I need to be able to get into that range as well. Versatility is basically key, along with a fresh tone.

I'm too much of a noob to know whos who in the music equipment industry. Anyone have any ideas?
ohhh i do recomend any of the roland cube models. try the cube 20x which is just under 200 i beleiv. or get the the micro-cube which is fantastic and portable. i have a cube 30x and a micro cube myself
There's prolly a vox valvetronix or roland cube in your range.
But... if you want a speciallized amp for cleans and blues, i'd go with an epi VJ.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
SP-10's are terrible =[ i played with one for like 2 months but yeah, i cant help, i still play on a little 20w Crate amp i got offa my friend for like $15, it was definately worth more though so i cant complain about my ****ty amp
I breathe air.
You should look into a Micro Cube, it sounds like it'd be right up your alley. If you aren't going to be playing anything high gain, you could also look into a Vox Valvetronix.

If you decide to go with a Cube make sure you avoid the 15 and 20, they don't have the amp modeling that the Micro, 30, and 60 have, which is why everybody suggests them so much.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
You can get a nice bluesy tone with the sp10 if you use you guitar volume control, but in that cheap budget i advice you the harley benton's ga5 or ga15, since its the same has the vj (just renamed, made in teh same company also), and theyr hell cheap
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

save save save save. You will never be happy with your rig unless you had to bust your ass for it. Ask anyone.
save 50 dollars and buy a blackheart combo or stack your choice
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
id suggest getting a vj then modding it to your liking
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless