So today my bestfriend who also happens to be my bassist went to rehab and he's gonna be gone for 3-6 months so I'm pretty sad. and I don't know whether to get a new bassist or just wait til he gets out... console me
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Wait. If he comes back and finds you replaced him he might go back to drugs because you betrayed him.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Get someone new for those 3-6 months, then kick the new dude out when your friend gets back....or just have two bassist?? anyways, good luck with your decision, and good luck to your rehabilitating friend

(BTW: rehab sucks!)
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Quote by PaintOurSilence
Wait. If he comes back and finds you replaced him he might go back to drugs because you betrayed him.

he'll go back to drugs anyway.. he's only going cause it's court ordered

edit: not drugs.. only marijuana
Last edited by Shredxmyheart at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by Shredxmyheart

Not worth your time

Get somebody else
Why the **** would you need a bassist?

only messing, reserve him a place for his glorious return
well, do u guys play live? at liek shcools or parks or concert sor w.e, if so, does bassis have special basslines that dont follow rhythm guitar, then maybe spread the word that u wont be performing for a while, but if u just play on ur own with ur friend, then wtf get one till he comes back
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
You know what they say about bass players...

Good, because I don't.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by JamesCopti
What is he in rehab for?

his P.O. came to drop him but he couldn't piss.. so they called it a dirty drop.. and to the people saying that he's just going back to drugs.. he was never on drugs he only smoked pot.. which isn't an issue..
Quote by Shredxmyheart

edit: not drugs.. only marijuana

3-6 months for weed? was he eating it with milk?
I say take the opportunity to write a ****load, and keep his place.
Also, is he allowed his bass in rehab?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by bendystraw
3-6 months for weed? was he eating it with milk?

yeah pretty much.. but either way the Illinois judicial system sucks.. when my friend got popped with possession of heroin and went to jail for 16 days and now my bestfriend fails a drop -scratch that- doesn't even technically fail and goes away for probably 4 months..
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I say take the opportunity to write a ****load, and keep his place.
Also, is he allowed his bass in rehab?

not sure.. but I was thinking about going to get his bass from his house and play bass and get this other guy that I know to play guitar.. and we haven't really gotten into writing yet.. we do covers and do freestyle jams sometimes but we never really keep track of what anyone is playing
Look for high school seniors who'll be leaving soon for college and want to fill some time.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
3-6 months, for marijuana.

WTF!

Keep the guy, not like he's on heroin or coke. As long as he isn't a total burnout don't do anything rash.

And I thought this was serious.
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
Last edited by SSnake77 at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by Shredxmyheart
his P.O. came to drop him but he couldn't piss.. so they called it a dirty drop.. and to the people saying that he's just going back to drugs.. he was never on drugs he only smoked pot.. which isn't an issue..

Since when is marijuana no longer a drug?
Quote by Paquijón
Since when is marijuana no longer a drug?

since it started coming out of the ground.. like tobacco
Quote by Shredxmyheart
since it started coming out of the ground.. like tobacco

That has nothing to do with the definition of "drug". It alters one's central nervous system, therefore is a drug, regardless of whether it be natural or not.