I won't be getting a proper fender for a year or 2 but this is something i have been debating. I like both strats, and teles (although i kinda dislike how common strats are) and i am wondering what would be best for me? I mostly listen to SRV, B.B king and stuff like that but my taste is very eclectic overall and i like to play a great variety of genres. I always feel embarrassed in shops when playing guitars and i therefore haven't really properly tested either in a music shop before but i like the feel of both.

Opinions please
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
learn some easy hendrix riff that way you dont feel dumb and go try em :P
If you have what you consider an "eclectic" taste, you should look into a Fat Strat (HSS configuration). The humbucker will make your tone a little fuller/more crunchy if need be, while still retaining the Strat's great single coil tones.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
dont be embarassed try out whatever,(just don't play stairway . I have botha strat and tele, and honestly the teles (to me) are more versatile. i think thats it's more of opinion, i'd try both of them out first.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
I would get a tele. Telecasters can do distortion much better than Strats can i think, and they can also do clean stuff like blues. A Fat Strat would be pretty good as well, as you get a humbucker as well as a Strat's trebly middle pickup and its neck pickup.
Hmm...strat or tele, tough one. I'd say LP.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by mcraddict81592
or u could just get a real guitar and buy an gibson/epiphone
just a thought

That is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard on this forum. Congratulations.

Now, to sink to your level for a second, your name has "MCR" in it, rendering whatever musical opinions you've had/ever will have completely null and void.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by mcraddict81592
or u could just get a real guitar and buy an gibson/epiphone
just a thought

You have no business touching a guitar.

Teles, in general, will tend to give you more of a twangy sound, though it won't be that different from a Strat, depending on what guitar/pickups you get. Strats, in general, will have a bright sound, but again, not as much "twang" as a Tele. It all really depends on the pickup setup, as both guitars can sound similar.

For ultimate versatility, a HSS Strat would probably be best. Though I really don't like that combination on Strats (or in general.)
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
I'm swinging for the Tele team these days. The 72 Tele Custom with the neck humbucker looks great, and the Tele bridge pickup is THE bridge single coil.

It looks to me that you have more than enough gear, as far as guitars go, so why not sell some off so you don't need to wait so long to get a Fender.

Bear in mind, I hold nothing against Strats, and it's SRV who influences you, then that's maybe the way to go. I don't know much about his gear, but the best Strat I played was the MIM 50's reissue.
im ignorant for not liking the sound of a strat? haha, o, and for listening to real music...cant forget that
Quote by greggybhoy
I'm swinging for the Tele team these days. The 72 Tele Custom with the neck humbucker looks great, and the Tele bridge pickup is THE bridge single coil.

It looks to me that you have more than enough gear, as far as guitars go, so why not sell some off so you don't need to wait so long to get a Fender.

Bear in mind, I hold nothing against Strats, and it's SRV who influences you, then that's maybe the way to go. I don't know much about his gear, but the best Strat I played was the MIM 50's reissue.

Yea i am going to sell one of my 6 string acoustics and my Watson and my Orange amp (once i got a new one) which should bring in a bit of money but i can't bring myself to sell my 12 string, i just love the sound of it too much. I have 300 in the bank from my Saturday job but i have to get a decent amp before i get a nice guitar so i have to take that into consideration as well . If i get the Harley Benton GA5 or GA15 (all tube) then i will also sell my Zoom G2 which should bring my even more money

When i plugged into a USA telecaster, i liked the sound of it quite a bit. I was playing through a big tube amp and there were other people in the shop so i was playing very quietly, i hope i can somehow borrow one off someone one day so i can give it a proper trial in the privacy of my own home without being embarrassed
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other