Hello everyone, i am new to the forum so don't hate on me for being a n00b. But I was just looking for some advice.

I currently own a Marshall Jcm-2000 DSL-50. I think this is a great amp but I am not sure that it is me.

I'm searching for a tone that is really similar to the tones of The Red Chord, Between the Buried and Me, and Emmure. I also understand all of these bands have experimented with 5150's.

Can I get a dark, meaty, bassy, chunky, smooth tone out of a 5150 or is a + or a II a better choice?

P.S.

I was also wondering do any of you guys know anything about the pickup DiMarzio DP152 Super 3. If you know about it or use it can you explain it to me?
the 5105/ 6505
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by xyoufailmex
Hello everyone, i am new to the forum so don't hate on me for being a n00b. But I was just looking for some advice.

I currently own a Marshall Jcm-2000 DSL-50. I think this is a great amp but I am not sure that it is me.

I'm searching for a tone that is really similar to the tones of The Red Chord, Between the Buried and Me, and Emmure. I also understand all of these bands have experimented with 5150's.

Can I get a dark, meaty, bassy, chunky, smooth tone out of a 5150 or is a + or a II a better choice?

P.S.

I was also wondering do any of you guys know anything about the pickup DiMarzio DP152 Super 3. If you know about it or use it can you explain it to me?

The Super 3 is basically a Super Distortion only with a tighter sound. It's got more of a midrange hump and a better bass response. It's a pretty dark sounding pickup in a mahogany guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by xyoufailmex
ok which is good because i play an Ibanez s320

Oh yeah? I thought the stock pickups were good enough. Well, good enough for me not being able to justify spending cash for a pickup change.

Try a Breed or a D-Sonic instead.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh yeah? I thought the stock pickups were good enough. Well, good enough for me not being able to justify spending cash for a pickup change.

Try a Breed or a D-Sonic instead.

nah the pickups that come stock are a bit too trebley for me. What are breeds and d-sonics like?
Quote by xyoufailmex
nah the pickups that come stock are a bit too trebley for me. What are breeds and d-sonics like?

Well, the Breed's not trebley, that's for sure. If we're comparing it to the Super 3, it's a lot more middy.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 4, 2008,