How are they? My friend wants one and I told him that it's a cheap Gibson guitar and it's probably not the best he could get for the money and he still disagrees. I asked him why and he said because his cousin said they were good and Billie Joe uses them. I've never played one though. SO, thoughts?

Edit; right now he uses the $89 Strat copy from Rondomusic.net so anything is an improvement. He plays just like rock, powerchords etc. No metal or anything heavy..

I told him to check out the cheaper PRS models. Was I wrong in saying that?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'm a sucker for P-90 guitars. They're pretty awesome actually. They sound really crunchy and aggressive when overdriven! I'd like a neck pickup though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah but the Les Paul Junior?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
Yeah but the Les Paul Junior?

Yeah, so? What's wrong with it?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah, so? What's wrong with it?

It's a cheap gibson, and from reading various threads, a cheap Gibson is junk ;\.

Quote by tr3nt
It's a cheap gibson, and from reading various threads, a cheap Gibson is junk ;\.

Well, if various threads said that jumping off a building would improve your tone, would you believe them?

Most of those people are referring to the Faded series anyways.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
a guitar is only junk when the person playing it sucks.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
alright. thanks guys

From what I hear, the SG Jr. is actually quite good, and isn't plagued with the problems most cheap Gibsons are. Might be the same for the LP Jr.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Les Paul Jr's are fine guitars, if you've been playing in the plus of 4-5 years maaaybe you could step it up a notch but they are in no way "bad", they have a good rock sound and are great to learn on. Oh and yes Billy Joe uses one, but his is more than likely tweaked a bit one way or the other.
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
I would think more like a strat would be "Something to learn on" ^.. not a $750 guitar. What do you mean by that.

Well first off I must confess I mis-read. I was thinking of the Epiphone les paul jr (still a good learner guitar) not the gibson.

The Gibson Les Paul Jr. is a great guitar, solid rock tone and sound and great feel. I borrowed one off a friend for Battle of the Bands once and I loved it, I didn't buy one myself because I was perfectly happy with my own set-up but if you're looking to upgrade there's nothign wrong with it, just make sure you want the single humbucker sound as opposed to 2 pups.
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by Synyster Gates
Well first off I must confess I mis-read. I was thinking of the Epiphone les paul jr (still a good learner guitar) not the gibson.

The Gibson Les Paul Jr. is a great guitar, solid rock tone and sound and great feel. I borrowed one off a friend for Battle of the Bands once and I loved it, I didn't buy one myself because I was perfectly happy with my own set-up but if you're looking to upgrade there's nothign wrong with it, just make sure you want the single humbucker sound as opposed to 2 pups.

It's actually a single P-90, not a humbucker. The Epiphone has a single humbucker.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Actually, one of the Epi versions has a P-90. Though it might be a P-100, one of those hum-canceling ones.....

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Actually, one of the Epi versions has a P-90. Though it might be a P-100, one of those hum-canceling ones.....

Really? I thought the Les Paul juniors had the 'buckers and the SG junior had the '90s.

If Epiphone has a LP junior with a '90, I might have to check them out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Last edited by Wulver at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by tr3nt

There is so much nonsense about lower priced Gibsons on the forum right now.... I'd take most of it with a pinch of salt.

The Jr. is a fantastic guitar. I love the tone on that single P-90.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The first one is CREAM! I want it...

You get that one then.... I want the yellow one!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by ste993
You get that one then.... I want the yellow one!!

I was too busy ogling that I didn't even check the other links.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well, if various threads said that jumping off a building would improve your tone, would you believe them?

Now now, let's not say things that make no sense. Believing that cheap Gibsons are crap wouldn't kill me now, now would it? Jumping of a building may.
well, glad I was able to turn you guys on to the Epi LP Jrs. Good luck bidding, if you're going to try.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
kk sweet

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

You rule.

There's WAAAY to much fan-boyism now on UG, always was there but it just seems to be getting out of hand.
I didn't jump on the bandwagon and told him it was bad straight up, I just said I read that cheaper gibsons aren't the best, and thats why I made this thread^ I can tell him now that I've talked to people and they said it's a good guitar ..

I once wanted to get one
But the P90 is only crunchy , you cant get a good clean out of it
les paul jrs are nice. people who disagree are wrong.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
You should take a look at a Les Paul Special, which is essentially a Jr. with 2 pickups. You can get a great clean sound out of the neck pickup, and a great overdriven tone out of the bridge pickup.