i was playing a show, using this kids amp, and in the middle of a song the volume started getting lower and lower and then a tube blew out. i look at the amp, which i hadn't touched at all, and the volume and gain were cranked.
so he wants me to pay for it, and i'm wondering, can anyone come up with a legitimate reason why i should and how it is my fault when i didnt touch his volume or gain haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Did they go BOOM, or did they just stopped working and made a weird sound?
Has in, did they explode, or
And if i was you i wouldent pay it, i mean, the tube would end up not working after a while anyways, and if its his amp, he cant really complain can he?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

there is no reason you phailed
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Just a bad power tube.

Stuff happens, tubes wear out, such is life.

Though it would be a dick move if you weren't to at least help pay for new tubes.
the sound was distorted a little then it slowly diminished into silence haha
and its his dads amp, and his dads the kinda guy who would beat his kid, and its a mesa amp, so he has all the reason to be pissed haha
but really i'm thinking this is a timing thing, if anyone else was on the amp at that time it would have happened
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
If the guy has a mesa he probably isn't a noob and knows that tubes wear out. Tell him to calm down.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Tell him that if he didn't want his tubes to go a couple of days sooner than they would have had he not lent it. He shouldn't have lent it out in the first place. It is his amp and his responsibility for making sure it is in proper working order and that the tubes aren't dying. Personally I wouldn't give him a penny. But then again I'm a dick.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
What kind of mesa was it?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
If it was the first time you've ever borrowed it and you didn't really mess around with it then let him by his own tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If it was your amp and the kid was playing it and blew a tube, you would want him too???

If it was me, I would probably give the kid like 50 bucks. Would not pay the whole shot.
Quote by rage6945
the sound was distorted a little then it slowly diminished into silence haha
and its his dads amp, and his dads the kinda guy who would beat his kid, and its a mesa amp, so he has all the reason to be pissed haha
but really i'm thinking this is a timing thing, if anyone else was on the amp at that time it would have happened

You're lucky it was a Mesa amp. Those things are built very well. Worst case scenario the reverb section in the amp could be fried. Unlikely, but possible.

If he kept fresh tubes in the amp it shouldn't have happened.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
By the sound of it, it wasn't your fault. You didn't mess around with anything.. tubes wear out after a while. Let him buy his own tubes.
Dont pay a penny mate. You didnt kick it in or anything
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000