I am about to sell my half stack Peavey 5150, for multiple reasons, but I now want something that is easy to carry around and can be heard over drums.

I am looking at something within the $800 to $1000 range, I have mainly been looking at the Marshall JCM and the Line 6 Spider Valve. I have an ESP Eclipse and am about to get a Gibson Explorer with just a wah at the moment.

I only want a combo and want to know the best amp around that range.
Got a few questions:

- Musical style?
- Importance of cleans?
- How heavy is too heavy?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Got a few questions:

- Musical style?
- Importance of cleans?
- How heavy is too heavy?

+1
My bad, I was in a hurry to finish typing, I play just about anything, me and my friends are covering a few Lamb of God songs, and I am getting the Explorer to play drop C and other tunings. I have no idea what genres are anymore so the bands I am listening a lot are Opeth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Meshuggah, Mastodon, and Soilwork.

Since I have that 5150, I almost never used cleans, but I started playing Opeth covers a lot and need cleans now.

Also I have a PRS SE Custom, but I never use it...because it sucks.
I was leaning towards geting the JCM, the JVM is out of my price range.

I was planning on putting my 5150 head on ebay for $700, plus $50 shipping, with new tubes, but I doubt I will get that much out of it considering how low they have been. And if no one would buy it I would put it in the local paper.
^and the cab? Probably not interested, just curious how much it would go for.
Up the Punx!
One of the lightest and loudest combos I've ever come across is my Peavey Valveking 112. It's so light you don't even need casters.
Never get a Spider, worst amp EVER, even the tube versions... they work really bad with pedals and the onboard distortions are crap.